Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Third Doom 3 Novel?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:28. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Per-Scan

Does anyone have any info on when or if the third Doom 3 novel by Matt Costello is going to come out? It's been a while and I'm a little worried that it's just disappeared into the ether... :)

Old Post 07-19-10 23:26 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

There's (Or going to be) a third D3 novel? I still haven't read the original Doom novels yet!

Old Post 07-19-10 23:30 #
Clonehunter is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Per-Scan

There was certainly talk of it. I can't remember where I read it though...

Old Post 07-20-10 02:48 #
Per-Scan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Radon

IMHO - The authors of the original should've done it, and kept doing the novels. The entire concept of Religion, Politics, ExoPolitcs, Scientific Ideals vs Realistic Ideals. All of it was a struggle within the characters, apart from blowing every organic enemy back to hell.

*Spoiler?*

Besides, the concept of using Deimos as a spaceship made by ETs, and hearing now released ESA (European Space Agency) the probable data that Phobos IS artificial, and infact a spacecraft? Interesting....

Old Post 08-04-10 19:54 #
Radon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Radon said:
Besides, the concept of using Deimos as a spaceship made by ETs, and hearing now released ESA (European Space Agency) the probable data that Phobos IS artificial, and infact a spacecraft? Interesting....

Lulz. Link? I want to laugh.

Old Post 08-04-10 21:41 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Radon

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...-satellite.html

As for the artificial theory, it's proposed by ex-Nasa administrator and science advisor for Walter Cronkite during the Apollo missions; Richard Hoagland. As it's on his site ( http://www.enterprisemission.com/Phobos.html ) It's a lengthy read, but atleast it's a crazy new theory, rather than hearing about big foot all the time.

Plus Neil Armstrong has hinted this about Phobos on news programs, which most likely is BS like the rest of information that comes out of those programs.

Last edited by Radon on 08-05-10 at 17:58

Old Post 08-05-10 17:49 #
Radon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Per-Scan

I mailed Matt Costello. He replied promptly saying that he had the 3rd novel sketched out but the publishers were just holding to the first 2 books. He did say "never say never" though... :) Here's hoping it'll see the light of day in the future.

Old Post 08-05-10 18:18 #
Ghastly_dragon
Mini-Member

Heh, you have to admire a novelist who'll actually take time to answer a few questions for a fan.

Old Post 08-22-10 22:12 #
Ghastly_dragon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote