Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Interview with Todd.H

There is a new interview with Todd Hollenshead on Ferrago here:

http://www.ferrago.co.uk/story.asp?id=149

Snips:

We gather that your next project is Doom, and you're keeping pretty quiet on the project at the moment. What made you and the team select this as your next project, and when will we be deluged with information on the project?

Todd: We'll have more information available about what we're doing before too long, but we don't want to over-expose the game. I know everyone is eagerly awaiting details, but we ask that they continue to be patient.

Why a return to singleplayer gameplay in Doom, after the change of focus in Quake III?

Todd: The new technology is more suitable for a moody single player game than an ultra-fast paced deathmatch-only game. Plus, after 2+ years working on a deathmatch style game (Quake III, then Team Arena), the designers were really itching to work on a single-player focused title.

Can you give us any details regarding the advanced technology Mr Carmack and the team are working on for Doom 3?

Todd: Nothing more than what John Carmack discussed at QuakeCon last year, so nothing new.

Thanks for the info dima, you have l33t intel gathering sk1llz :-)

They know that al fans are waiting for something and I olso know that they are working hard on it. I hope and think it will be great stuff.
But let them do their thing... :-)
Its the second time this week that they say something
first Mister John Carmack and now Todd ... .
So I think they will slowly release some stuff.
Go Id-software, Go Id-software , they can do it , they can do it.
We must wait and see ...

If you rearrange the letters in what he said in the right pattern, you get secret info what the DOOM3 plot is about.

dark-tenshi - oh well, there isn't a lot of info about the new DOOM game right now, except that really cool Carmack comment on the engine.

Our job is to gather any information about this game, even if it's repeating itself all the time.

Fingers crossed for some more details on Doom 3, soon...

let's hope it won't take too long.

If you rearrange the letters in what he said in the right pattern, you get secret info what the DOOM3 plot is about.

really?do it for me one.

BTW,for the star wars fan(prime) and RAVEN software.check out this latest in-game footage of the soon-to be released Jedi Outcast.the light-sabre battle looks so damn cool.

Todd: We'll have more information available about what we're doing before too long, but we don't want to over-expose the game.

Over-expose ? OVER-EXPOSE ? Dear God, give me the strength to destroy this man.

really?do it for me one.

No, I don't want to spoil anything for you.

/me give the force and 1337 daikatana to flathead

..Which really means that you're giving him nothin' - the two things neutralize each other seeing as the daikatana is worth much less than shit.

dsm - don't ever make me laugh like that again! :-)

Uh, sorry.

Dark Tenshi - Thanks. Actually, I had just watched that trailer before I read your post. Yeah, those lightsaber scenes look pretty kick-ass, as well as the other abilities (running up walls, using force lightning, etc.). Can't wait!

Uuh, what a stupid discussion. Last time I checked a daikatana is a remarkable weapon. Not to be confused with the game of the same name :P

Uuh, what a stupid discussion. Last time I checked a daikatana is a remarkable weapon. Not to be confused with the game of the same name :P

*shrugs*
Well, I know of only one Daikatana and it is (put mildly) "less-than-satisfactory".

But whyy....... it's romero's baby..

Daikatana? So what? It still sucked. Heh, Romero shouldn't have strayed too far away from the hand that fed him (Id)...

DAMN YOU, ALEX SOCK, HOW IN THE BLUE FRIG DO YOU GET YOUR INFO?!?!?!?#$#%

DAMN YOU, ALEX SOCK, HOW IN THE BLUE FRIG DO YOU GET YOUR INFO?!?!?!?#$#%

Tsk, tsk.
Here we have a guy working hard to scrape together some info for us ungrateful, info-hungry doomers and then you you just yell at him and tell him to fuck off?
Baad DooMBoy, baaaaad DooMBoy.

Wish Raven would make a Hexen 3 powered with the Doom 3 engine, but sadly, they've officially announced that they wont do that.

Wish Raven would make a Hexen 3 powered with the Doom 3 engine, but sadly, they've officially announced that they wont do that.

Did they?Noooooooooo! well i hope that they will change their mind.hexen sequel+doom engine=drool..

Agreed, a Hexen sequel with "Doom 3's" graphics would seriously rock! I hope Raven reconsiders, like Id finally decided to do a new Doom game (I remember reading several places that Id claimed that they would never make a new Doom - seems like we're lucky).
Oh well, at least we'll see the Quake 2 universe with movie-like graphics (the cinimatics in Q2 didn't show any Stroogs ot marines) done by Raven.

the fact that Final doom was supposed to be the end of Doom series is quite lame.that does't mean final doom level is bad.but i can't stand that they did't put the well-deserved ending for one of the great game of all time.and yes we are damn lucky to see DOOM again.

well Raven is quite a large developer,isn't it?they are now developing two game at once(JK2 and SOF2).they still can split one group to work on Quake4 with id.and the other group do the Hexen.

WHAT? WHERE? WHEN?
Don't make me kill you...

the fact that Final doom was supposed to be the end of Doom series is quite lame.that does't mean final doom level is bad.but i can't stand that they did't put the well-deserved ending for one of the great game of all time.and yes we are damn lucky to see DOOM again.

Final Doom - pfft!
I don't care what other people think, but to me, Final Doom is no more than two megawads for Doom 2, which you paid money for.
The stories are so lame that I tend to get a little bit pissed when people say stuff like "HeY, F1nel D0oM EES Do0M 3, so teh NEw Do0M gAim MuSst bi Do0M 4", Arghl!

Zaldron: My apologies, it may not be so official as I thought, but I'm dead certain that I read it somewhere on the old Doom 3 forum. It's probably just another case of dsm hallucinating.
/Me inserts burning hot needles under his own fingernails for telling a half truth