Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > How easy would it be to port the Doom 3 co-op maps to PC?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

I always liked that level set better, almost felt like classic Doom, as it focused much more on action. How easy would it be to port those levels to the PC, and modify them to only need 1 player?

Old Post 06-15-11 02:26 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xeros612
Forum Regular

Probably difficult, since you'd have to convert formats and mess with the scripting so you could actually play Map 2 past the armory station. The maps were really short and kind of crappy anyways.

Old Post 06-15-11 18:36 #
Xeros612 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

But how do we know that the levels were in different formats? They run on the same engine, after all.

And the maps weren't that short, and certainly not crappy when compared to the long drawn out, and horribly boring original levels.

Old Post 06-16-11 01:29 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I suggest you use that Open co-op mod for PC co-op.

Old Post 06-16-11 02:32 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

I'm not intending to play co-op, just the levels from co-op mode from the Xbox version, except as just one player. Does that mod contain those levels?

Old Post 06-16-11 03:13 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

No. It's normal Doom 3 that can support People playing with each other over the internet. The levels aren't modified.

Old Post 06-16-11 17:15 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

You'd have to get to know the D3 editor and make them yourself. I don't think this has been done.

Old Post 06-16-11 19:56 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote