Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Are there any doom 3 classic monster mods out there?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Are there any Doom 3 mods that have monsters as they would've appeared in the classic Doom games? I don't just mean colors, but you know, actually modeled after the monsters in classic Doom.

The only monster in particular I'm actually looking for is the Pinky demon.

Old Post 06-28-11 22:04 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Some of Kaiser's maps have specters. Also Classic Doom has classic Doom monster imitations.

The Ruiner monster resource pack (called "Doom3 Demon Expansion Pack", from doom3.filefront.com of course) contains, among others, the baron of hell and pain elemental. You need to modify the monster .script in order to make the elemental actually spit Forgotten, but it can be done stably and without editing the gamex86 source code. I think the Ruiner mod itself even has an Icon of Sin for Doom 3, if you manage to get that far.

Old Post 06-28-11 22:09 #
printz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

I remember seeing some mod which supposedly changed the weapons and monsters to have a more classic apparence. I've no idea where that one came from, though.

Old Post 06-30-11 12:41 #
Doomhuntress is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

I think Printz mentioned it, but there was a mod where there are new models based on the original monsters. The original Doom 3 models I think are unchanged, but it adds the Baron and PE as well as the Super Shotgun to the original game somewhere. However, the mod is friggin hard. Headshots count (and are the only shots to kill zombies). Not sure what else is changed or added, though. Wasn't able to get that far due to my PC being not-so-good in the gaming department.

Old Post 06-30-11 19:56 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

PRIMEVAL said:
I think Printz mentioned it, but there was a mod where there are new models based on the original monsters. The original Doom 3 models I think are unchanged, but it adds the Baron and PE as well as the Super Shotgun to the original game somewhere. However, the mod is friggin hard.
Mod is frigging hard? Are you talking about a level set? Is it something else than Ruiner?

Old Post 06-30-11 21:00 #
printz is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

I don't remember what it's called, but it modifies the original game. It's all the original levels but with some additional monsters (supposedly) and super shotgun added somewhere. Since I've barely made it past the 2nd level, I have yet to see changes. I think it's called Doom 3 Perfected, now that I think about it.

Old Post 06-30-11 22:05 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

I'm suddenly reminded of how ROE has the super shotgun (cleverly placed as some sort of relic in an office), a more "Doom-y" version of the lost souls, and a pretty decent (but very short!) depiction of Hell. In some ways it's better than Doom 3.

Old Post 07-01-11 18:52 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote