Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Goofs in Doom 3 effects
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

kristus said:
Don't make things up that aren't true and display them as facts.

Well, I apologize if I gave incorrect information about the engine, but is it not true that the shadows respond to some, but not all, light changes? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but while I would see say, an imp's fireball severely alter the shadows around it, I noticed that when you fire a weapon, the shadows in the area don't warp and stretch from the muzzle shot. That's what I'm talking about.

Old Post 09-18-11 17:50 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Redeemer812

Firing your weapon does indeed cause a small point light to appear at the weapon's muzzle.

Old Post 09-19-11 02:21 #
Redeemer812 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord

Yes, but what I was talking about that was not present was the change in the shapes of the shadows when firing a weapon. You'll see a point of light but you won't see the shadows actually shift.

Old Post 09-19-11 10:40 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Redeemer812

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. The environment shadows are dynamic in Doom3, but light doesn't bounce, so shadows don't "shift" or "bend." The only shadows that really bend in Doom3 are the dynamic entity shadows, and yes, they are affected by muzzle flashes.

Old Post 09-19-11 13:54 #
Redeemer812 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord

I may have some mixed-up images in my head. Haven't played Doom 3 in a bit. So forgive my ignorance.

Old Post 09-19-11 19:19 #
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Not only do I love ragdoll physics, I remember talking about it a decade ago.

Old Post 09-19-11 23:45 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote