Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Any idea where the source is?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadow1013

So everyone has been talking much about the source code to be released after the launch of Rage, but I've yet to see it, and I periodically check to see if it might be on the id ftp, but it's been inaccessible to me since the release of Rage

Old Post 10-31-11 00:47 #
shadow1013 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Face23785

Rage hasn't even been out a month. Relax dude.

Old Post 10-31-11 03:23 #
Face23785 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geX
Forum Regular

Might come sooner than later:

http://twitter.com/#!/ID_AA_Carmack...043043469041665

Old Post 10-31-11 19:40 #
geX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xeros612
Forum Regular

Man, needing lawyer clearance for releasing their own engine...

Old Post 10-31-11 20:01 #
Xeros612 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trasher][
The game is not well!

Xeros612 said:
Man, needing lawyer clearance for releasing their own engine...
There's a reason for that. It starts with "C" and ends with "reative".

Speaking of whom...

@ID_AA_Carmack tweeted:
Lawyers are still skittish about the patent issue around "Carmack's reverse", so I am going to write some new code for the doom3 release.

Old Post 11-16-11 10:42 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
andrewj

Trasher][ said:
There's a reason for that. It starts with "C" and ends with "reative".

It starts with "C" alright, but ends with something else (like unts).

Old Post 11-16-11 12:24 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Creative pretty much are nothing but a bunch of slimy, filthy, pus-soaked cunts.

I still find the whole Aureal ordeal scandalous.

Old Post 11-16-11 12:39 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

In order for the code to be legally or at least usefully released under the GPL, all patent encumbrances ought to be taken care of anyway, regardless of what any lawyers think.

It'll be interesting to see how/if the new algorithm Carmack employs changes the appearance of the game and/or affects its speed. I figure he'll put his mind to doing it "right" and not cop out with the fastest-to-code solution he can think up, but we'll see ;)

Old Post 11-16-11 13:33 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Gez said:
Creative pretty much are nothing but a bunch of slimy, filthy, pus-soaked cunts.

What a lovely image.

Old Post 11-16-11 16:15 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote