Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Alpha Shotgun Mod?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Are there any mods that replace Doom 3's current shotgun with the version from the alpha? Google has yielded no results.

Old Post 11-22-11 04:17 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

I've never seen one. Someone created some kind of "Alpha mod" some time ago, but I think it just replaced certain textures and sounds. Can't recall what it was even called, but browse Doom 3 Files and you'll find it eventually.

I have to say that the alpha shotgun looked much better than the version in Doom 3 final, though. Several little things like that were changed for no sensible reason.

Old Post 11-22-11 13:13 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Redeemer812

The Alpha Mod didn't include any of the original models from the real alpha, just some sounds, maps, and textures. The reason is pretty simple, too: the md5 format is completely different from what it was during the alpha's lifetime and there are no compatible tools or converters for the old format.

It's kind of sad, because I also think the old shotgun looked better than the newer one.

Old Post 11-22-11 22:53 #
Redeemer812 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Well, shit. Oh well.

One other question, is there a way to reposition where the gun model is on the screen?

Old Post 11-26-11 04:21 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
41hc1
Registered just to make one post

I found a version of the Alpha mod lying around. http://www.mediafire.com/download/i...3_Alpha_Mod.zip
I'm not sure if there's a newer version. I'm not even sure where I got that one. If someone could find the Alpha mod, that would be just great.

And I would like to see the Alpha shotgun in the final version.

Old Post 06-28-14 05:23 #
41hc1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

Marnetmar said:
One other question, is there a way to reposition where the gun model is on the screen?

Look for a string containing "offset" or something like that in the weapon's def file. Not all weapon-related def files have this string, because certain weapons were positioned in a model editor, but you can add it. Chaingun has it for sure, so you can use it for reference.

I don't know if there's a less intrusive way.

Old Post 06-28-14 08:59 #
Da Werecat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy777
Banned

Marnetmar said:
Are there any mods that replace Doom 3's current shotgun with the version from the alpha? Google has yielded no results.

I'm not really sure if this counts... but BladeYajuta's Weapons Ops mod features an Ithaca M37 Stakeout straight out of DOOM 1. It literally looks like the DOOM 1 shotgun and you could take the shotgun from that and copy and paste it to replace the DOOM 3 shotgun.

Also, there is DOOM 3: Phobos which features an very awesome looking shotgun. Just ask Shaviro about it! :D

Old Post 06-29-14 16:42 #
Doomguy777 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote