Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Can't change settings in Doom 3???

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Relic

A friend of mine has this problem with Doom 3 (Instead of him signing up for this 1 post he asked me to post this)

He says "I am using the steam version of Doom 3. When I save new settings in-game Doom 3 asks me to reset to apply settings. When I launch it back up, the settings are back to default"

Any help would be appreciated :)

Old Post 01-20-12 13:31 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

If it's the same problem I was having, it has to do with Win7's finicky file permissions. The solution I came up with was to install Steam somewhere other than the Program Files folder.

Old Post 01-21-12 03:19 #
Bucket is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relic

Did it work for you?

Old Post 01-21-12 10:50 #
Relic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relic

Bucket said:
If it's the same problem I was having, it has to do with Win7's finicky file permissions. The solution I came up with was to install Steam somewhere other than the Program Files folder.

Ok he said it's installed on his D: drive and program files are on the C: drive. Any other solutions?

Old Post 01-21-12 11:33 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Bucket said:
it has to do with Win7's finicky file permissions.

I thought it was possible to disable all that file permissions nonsense?

But don't mind me, I'm still on WinXP.

Old Post 01-21-12 12:09 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Relic

I'll get him to try disabling the firewall block and I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old Post 01-21-12 12:27 #
Avoozl
Forum Staple

You could always make an autoexec.cfg file with the console commands placed in it which you want and place it into the base folder so it will automatically exec the commands on startup.

Old Post 01-21-12 12:47 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote