Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > In need of a savegame (hard)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
killer2

So I played Doom3 a while ago, but I got bored and quit, installed a new Windows, and all my save-games are gone. I'd like to give it a spic, but going through the 15+ hour adventure a second time would be tedious for me. I would like if someone could provide me with a save of the game on the second hardest difficulty. I'm not exactly sure where I was, but I know it was both after getting the cube and finding that cool guy in shades (Swann I believe) mortally wounded. I think the level I last played had something to do with some strange artifacts of sorts, and I believe it had caves and sand. It also had a pretty nasty spider trite encounter at the start. I will be really thankful if anyone is willing to help.

Old Post 03-19-12 11:09 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Sounds like you were in caverns2 but you can just warp to the level you were last at with the console:-

map game/[insert mapname]

Look inside doom 3/base/pak000.pk4 for the list of levels.

Old Post 03-20-12 12:41 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

DoomUK said:
Sounds like you were in caverns2 but you can just warp to the level you were last at with the console:-

map game/[insert mapname]

Look inside doom 3/base/pak000.pk4 for the list of levels.

And...what do I do about weapons? Do I use cheats?

Old Post 03-20-12 19:31 #
killer2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

You can either use "give all" to give you everything and then just burn through some ammo to make it feel less like cheating, or spawn stuff manually with "spawn weapon_[weapon name]" and "spawn ammo_[ammo name]".

Old Post 03-20-12 20:44 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

Ok, thank you very much, will try it. Although it would feel better with a savegame. Also, do you remember which weapons you're supposed to have? As far as I remember, returning from Hell cleared your inventory.

Old Post 03-20-12 21:00 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

If you were in caverns2 then you have collected all of them again, I think.

Old Post 03-20-12 21:03 #
K!r4

You got bored so close to the end! :P

Old Post 03-21-12 00:16 #
K!r4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
killer2

K!r4 said:

Heh...happened to me with Rage too. I got bored right before the end (without realizing it), and then at some random point decided to give it a try. I finished it in about 1 hour.

Old Post 03-21-12 07:33 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

K!r4 said:
I'll admit it, I find the very last Doom 3 level rather depressing. It could have been much better.

Old Post 03-21-12 08:46 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Retog

printz said:
I'll admit it, I find the very last Doom 3 level rather depressing. It could have been much better.

I agree but pretty much the whole game could have been better.

Old Post 03-23-12 18:45 #
Retog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TB171

printz said:

Yeah, the cyberdemon battle was way too easy, even on the hardest difficulties...

Old Post 05-08-12 05:55 #
TB171 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stroggos

TB171 said:

Yeah, the cyberdemon battle was way too easy, even on the hardest difficulties...

A few Soul Cubes in its general direction did the trick... It was dismal, I would much rather run around shooting at it with a rocket launcher.

Old Post 05-08-12 09:24 #
Stroggos is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well there is the mod that allows that, so... If you still want to

Old Post 05-09-12 01:40 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote