Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > DOOM 3 BFG Release (Weapons)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DOOMSLAYER
Mini-Member

Anyone know if the weapons will sound better? I wasnt happy with the sound of the weapons for the first release of DOOM 3. They didnt sound "tough, heavy or powerful"

Not sure why or how you mess that up. RAGE had powerful weapons. So I know they can do it.

Old Post 09-27-12 20:28 #
DOOMSLAYER is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Even if they're unchanged in the BFG edition, there's mods.

It's really not that difficult to replace whatever sounds you want to change with whichever ones you like, either.

Old Post 09-28-12 11:17 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

My only wish is that they make the shotgun less useless. Updated sounds would be nice too.

Old Post 09-28-12 14:15 #
DooM_RO is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

DooM_RO said:
My only wish is that they make the shotgun less useless. Updated sounds would be nice too.

I always thought the machine gun was useless it being a weaker version of the chaingun and all

Old Post 09-28-12 14:17 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

Shotgun was never useless... actually it was powerfull enough. With only one well placed and close shot you could kill a zombie, soldier, imp or a maggot.

Old Post 09-28-12 15:24 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well placed shot as in Point Blank range where you'll probably take a hit before you get to them. (Though commandos are easy enough to avoid in all reality, more so than other enemies).

Old Post 09-29-12 04:35 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOMSLAYER
Mini-Member

DoomUK said:
Even if they're unchanged in the BFG edition, there's mods.

It's really not that difficult to replace whatever sounds you want to change with whichever ones you like, either.

Yeah.....I pre-ordered mine for Xbox 360. So the mod thing is out. Hopefully they Maxxed it out with power!

Old Post 09-29-12 23:56 #
DOOMSLAYER is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote