Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Doom 3 BFG scales the resolution

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AlektorophobiA
Mini-Member

After a lot of hazzle trying to run Doom 3 BFG (OpenGL and driver related problems), i started a game and to my surprise, it doesn't run at the resolution i wanted (even if in the settings menu i configured it), instead it scales up the resolution to adjust the resolution i selected (1366x768), and it just looks like shit to me, here is a screenshot i took of the game:
http://niggaupload.com/images/H5pAz.jpg

I don't know why this happens, i've tried tweaks and other stuff and nothing works, someone has this problem on Doom 3 BFG?

Old Post 10-30-12 02:04 #
AlektorophobiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Edward850

You'll find that what it's actually doing is dynamic scaling to maintain 60FPS, same as RAGE. The only "fix" would be disabling dynamic resolution scaling, but all that will do is exchange resolution problems with framerate problems.

Edit: Make sure to turn things down/off to help resolve this. Things like motion blur and anti-aliasing are going be the heft of your performance problems.

Side note: If you are interested, "com_showfps 1" will give you information about how much resolution you have (as a percentage, 100% being full) and timings of each part (your GPU taking too long to put out a frame is normally why it drops, as seen when the GPU timer goes red briefly).

Last edited by Edward850 on 10-30-12 at 05:30

Old Post 10-30-12 02:51 #
Edward850 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote