Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > The Toilet of Doom: BFG Edition
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Maes
I like big butts!

FUN FACT: one of the toilets in Mars City contains a mega-turd, in the BFG edition. It also did so in the regular Doom 3, but only after Hell took over the base and you found the zombie ambush in the toilet (as far as I can remember, at least). But in the BFG Edition it's there all along, right from the start. You can also hear some evil shispering voics in the toilets, again I don't know if those were there in the classic Doom 3.

Old Post 11-13-12 15:16 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

The turd is there at the beginning of the original D3 game. No need for a hell invasion.

Old Post 11-13-12 15:34 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Maes said:
FUN FACT: one of the toilets in Mars City contains a mega-turd

Bet it was FORCED and PAINFUL.

Old Post 11-13-12 15:46 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

That's why they ordered the chainsaws.

Old Post 11-13-12 16:07 #
Jimi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Both the turd and the whispering are there in Doom 3 prior to the invasion. The zombie ambush is in another toilet in another level.

Eris Falling said:
Bet it was FORCED and PAINFUL.

More like a ruptured anus.

Old Post 11-13-12 16:48 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

Maes said:
You can also hear some evil shispering voics in the toilets, again I don't know if those were there in the classic Doom 3.

They were, and strangely, you can hear them there in the first Mars City level, before the invasion. A simple copy-paste error, I'll bet.

Old Post 11-13-12 16:50 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

DoomUK said:
More like a ruptured anus.

It's dead Jim.

Old Post 11-13-12 17:00 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Caffeine Freak said:
They were, and strangely, you can hear them there in the first Mars City level, before the invasion. A simple copy-paste error, I'll bet.

Or an ominous harbinger of DOOM/easter egg for those with too much time on their hands and the morbid curiosity to explore imaginary toilets? ;-)

Old Post 11-13-12 17:21 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Toenail

Well, you have to be careful when you eat foreign food. Especially if you are a delta-lab teleport volunteer.

Can't say I have noticed any giant jobbies in Doom 3 myself. Just a thought, can the grabber pick it up? LOL

Old Post 11-13-12 19:49 #
Captain Toenail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Captain Toenail said:
Can't say I have noticed any giant jobbies in Doom 3 myself. Just a thought, can the grabber pick it up? LOL

This needs a mod!

Old Post 11-13-12 20:54 #
Quasar

Captain Toenail said:
Well, you have to be careful when you eat foreign food. Especially if you are a delta-lab teleport volunteer.

Nope. It's actually part of the toilet model from what I can tell :P Even if it's a separate model, both are treated as static, ie., like they're part of the level rather than entities.

Old Post 11-13-12 21:01 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Captain Toenail said:

Well, it's better than picking it up with your hands like in DNF. :P

Old Post 11-13-12 21:45 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

Quasar said:

Nope. It's actually part of the toilet model from what I can tell :P Even if it's a separate model, both are treated as static, ie., like they're part of the level rather than entities.

Pretty sure it's just a patch mesh, actually. And it would have to be converted into a moveable ASE/LWO collision model if you wanted to make it so the Grabber could throw it.

I can't believe a thread about a giant shit log in a toilet within a video game has gotten this many replies.

Old Post 11-13-12 22:37 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Caffeine Freak said:
I can't believe a thread about a giant shit log in a toilet within a video game has gotten this many replies.

The funny thing is, such shit logs really do exist: I've seen my fair share of them during my military service. They are usually the mark of the newbie, who can't hack using the army's manly squat toilets, and so just hold it up for up to a week at a time. Needless to say, the subsequent bowel evaquation is literally FORCED and PAINFUL (and in one, big, almost superhumanly sized piece).

Old Post 11-13-12 23:24 #
Sodaholic

I'm assuming that the culprit is that marine that walks out of the bathroom when you pass by it after meeting with Sarge. Not sure if it was there beforehand, though, I'll have to check.

Old Post 11-13-12 23:34 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

I looked for the giant poo when I got the PS3 version of the game. It didn't disappoint.

Old Post 11-13-12 23:39 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Sodaholic said:
I'm assuming that the culprit is that marine that walks out of the bathroom when you pass by it after meeting with Sarge.

I met him BEFORE meeting with Sarge, and now that you mention it, he DID sound a bit embarassed and avoidant ;-) Maybe some noclip wizardry will reveal his actual position in the bathroom before the scripted sequence kicks in...

Old Post 11-13-12 23:39 #
Dragonsbrethren

Caffeine Freak said:

Well, the giant shit log is a good analogy for Doom 3.

(Nah, Doom 3 wasn't that bad. Just completely mediocre.)

Old Post 11-14-12 01:55 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Not even on Mars people know how to use toilets… :(

Old Post 11-14-12 06:16 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Toenail

Would the lower gravity on Mars make it harder to, you know... actually do it? Splash back may be a bigger problem.

Old Post 11-14-12 12:27 #
Captain Toenail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Captain Toenail said:
Would the lower gravity on Mars make it harder to, you know... actually do it? Splash back may be a bigger problem.

The design of the toilets seems to prevent that: there is a sort of dry, raised grate which holds the produce in full view until it's flushed away -reminds me of the infamous German step toilets, in a way). Gravity seems artificially compensated for somehow, at least indoors and in work areas. I didn't notice if during outdoors ventures you can walk faster or jump higher/longer, though.

Even if the gravity compensation broke down just in the toilet, at most you'd see your turds drop more slowly, but due to the different gravity constants, the splash would be about the same as on earth.

Hmm..OK, some physics.

Let's say that, on Earth, Doomguy dumps a log of mass m1 from height h1, with a total potential energy of E1=m1 * g * h1. In order to be splashed back, a certain mass m2 of water must gain enough kinetic energy to reach the height of Doomguy's ass, which is h1.

For simplicity's sake, we'll assume that the log falls in one piece, and that due to its shape and energy conversion efficiency and toilet design considerations, it delivers half of its energy to a mass of water with half its mass, so m2 = m1/2, and E2=E1/2 => m2 * g * h2 = (m1/2) * g * h1. This means that, if you assume a 50% energy conversion efficiency (HALF of the potential energy of the turd becomes kinetic and then potential energy of the back splash), then if the maximum amount of water affected is at most half as heavy as the turd, it will reach Doomguy's ass. By displacing less water but transferring the same energy it will also make Doomguy wet :-(

Now, by repeating the same calculations on Mars, with a lower gravity constant g than earth's nothing would change as to the risk of a back splash, as the constant would change by the same amount on both sides of the E2 = E1/2 equation, QED ;-)

Now, if a turd was released at Earth gravity and the moment it hit the water the gravity generator broke down and the water was suddenly at Mars gravity.... ;-)

Last edited by Maes on 11-14-12 at 13:33

Old Post 11-14-12 13:06 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Shit math.

Old Post 11-14-12 13:32 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Clonehunter said:
Shit math.

By "shit math", do you mean math that is used to calculate things relating to shit, or that the math is poorly done/thought out?

Old Post 11-14-12 13:36 #
Maes
I like big butts!

Maybe he meant "Shit, math".

Old Post 11-14-12 14:00 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

nvm.

Last edited by DoomUK on 11-16-12 at 13:54

Old Post 11-16-12 12:43 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
julz_d
Mini-Member

Plop! Hellknight poo.

Old Post 11-16-12 19:31 #
julz_d is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

julz_d said:
Plop! Hellknight poo.

Do demons take dumps?

Old Post 11-18-12 08:02 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Netherstorm said:
Do demons take dumps?

Maybe? I don't have a freaking clue...

Old Post 11-18-12 09:02 #
DoomUK
Forum Staple

I want to congratulate this thread for so narrowly escaping the gaping maw of Post Hell.

Old Post 11-18-12 09:06 #
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Sodaholic said:

By "shit math", do you mean math that is used to calculate things relating to shit, or that the math is poorly done/thought out?

The former. And what Maes said.

Old Post 11-18-12 23:51 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote