Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > They took my baby!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

I've been wondering, what with the baby crying afterwards and the mystery behind who says it...

Did they take the baby (or babies) and turn it into a cherub?

Old Post 12-17-12 17:45 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

Eris Falling said:
I've been wondering, what with the baby crying afterwards and the mystery behind who says it...

Did they take the baby (or babies) and turn it into a cherub?

It seems a whole lot more likely that this is, like a lot of other things that happen in the game, simply demonic mockery of humanity, intended to disturb and demoralize the Marine. That the infant laughing morphs from genuine in sound to demented is enough evidence of that, in my opinion.

As this happens in a Trite-filled area and not very long before the Vagary is met, it has been suggested in fan theories that it is the Vagary who is saying this through telepathic thought projection. It should perhaps also be noted that the Vagary carries what appears to be a mancubus-like, deformed, stillborn fetus in its abdomen. Could be related.

There's no reason to believe there were ever babies on the Martian colony. There were apparently all of two women working there, period, neither of whom was pregnant and one of whom did not die in the invasion as she left before it started (it should perhaps be noted as well that the Elizabeth McNeil's office contains some girly mags, perhaps suggesting something about her sexual orientation...).

Old Post 12-17-12 19:02 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Quasar said:
it has been suggested in fan theories that it is the Vagary who is saying this through telepathic thought projection

That's what my money's always been on.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, and the only connection between that female voice and Vagary is that they're both in the same level. But once you've connected those kind of dots in your mind it's difficult to think of it any other way.

Old Post 12-17-12 20:55 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I always assumed most of the humanoid demons were originally humans transfored by Betruger like with the commando. :P

Old Post 12-19-12 15:09 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

my guess is that Betruger was messing with the marine.

Old Post 01-20-13 15:21 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dr. Durr

All I know this was the only scene that actually creeped me out.

Old Post 02-06-13 03:52 #
Dr. Durr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

Quasar said:
it has been suggested in fan theories that it is the Vagary who is saying this through telepathic thought projection

But... if Vagary actualy is to blame, why the hell would she give you those cells and stuff after that?

I didn't like the scene. It neither impressed, nor scared me. I didn't even notice the bloody footsteps on the ground until me 2nd or 3rd playthrough of the game. It was purely an annoyance for me - doors that don't open and you're frozen in place. At least that ammo...

Old Post 02-17-13 18:12 #
scifista42 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

CPS took her baby, of course.

Old Post 02-23-13 02:21 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote