Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Install on Steam?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
grouchbag

Does Doom 3 BFG Edition have to be install through Steam or any other?Thanks in advance!

Old Post 02-05-13 20:37 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

No, there is a retail version that doesn't go through Steam, though it has a CD-key.

If you have the Steam version, you can install it normally, then look for the Doom 3 v1.31 patch. It contains a Steamless executable. Place it in the Doom 3 folder in addition to/replacement of the Doom 3 exe that was there, and there you go, this allows you to buy the game on Steam yet play it without using the Steam client.

Old Post 02-05-13 20:55 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Okay.Thank you kindly!

Old Post 02-05-13 21:35 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Oh, I should add one thing: the exe from the 1.31 patch will not work with Doom 3 BFG Edition. Reason why is that they have completely changed the data file format (imagine if there was a Doom update and they had replaced the WAD format of the IWADs with Quake's PAK format for some reason). If you have Doom 3 from the BFG edition, you can only play it through Steam.

Old Post 02-05-13 23:10 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Okay,thanks again! It doesn't really matter if I go through,Steam or not,but when I bought a NEW copy of HL2,they wouldn't let me install,saying saying I had to download it.So,gave it to a friend who had no trouble.Go figure!At least I already have an account.Have a good evening!

Old Post 02-05-13 23:50 #