Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > Mapping Desire

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SatansModder

Anyone want a multiplayer map? I could make you one so you could play it with your friends, or maybe a singleplayer one to relieve your stress and plummet to DOOM.

I have been mapping for 4 months, and I think I can make appropriate maps. (not as complex as the awesome maps), So just reply if you want one.

Multiplayer map types
1.Hell-like
2.inside a building

Singleplayer
Any type of place I will make

Old Post 03-03-13 22:30 #
SatansModder is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SatansModder

Nobody wants one? :(

Old Post 03-04-13 00:03 #
SatansModder is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scifista42
Forum Staple

Hi, I'll tell you how it goes in this modding community (classic Doom and Doom 3 too). But I don't at all want to sound harsh, sorry if I do.

Don't ask people if they want a map. Of course they want! That's why they're visiting this forum, because they like playing Doom and Doom mods.

In this community there are hundreds of modders and people who can make maps. They're here because they want to show their skills to the world. They don't need anyone to ask for it, they come and show their skills without invitation and without approvement.

We have many talented and well known modders and we have many many many more practically unknown ones that has a potential. You are new here, so nobody knows about you and nobody would look up for you and ask you for showing your mapping skills. You came on these forums by yourself, which means you want to show your work to others and to push through. You'll make maps, get feedback from other people, make more maps and consistently improve your mapping skills. If you're talented, people will notice you, you may become popular and important member of our community. If you don't have what it takes or don't want it, you may remain one of the thousands forum members who just enjoy playing Doom, talking about Doom and "recreational" modding for Doom. Have friends here and be happy.

And please, don't take me too serious :) I just wanted to tell you: If you can make a map, feel free to make it and post it here! Nobody will offend :)

Old Post 03-12-13 22:32 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

SatansModder said:
Anyone want a multiplayer map? I could make you one so you could play it with your friends, or maybe a singleplayer one to relieve your stress and plummet to DOOM.

I have been mapping for 4 months, and I think I can make appropriate maps. (not as complex as the awesome maps), So just reply if you want one.

Multiplayer map types
1.Hell-like
2.inside a building

Singleplayer
Any type of place I will make

I bet Steve Jobs went through millions of survey around the world asking people whether they wanted an iphone or not before massively producing them. And back then, people were like, "WTF is an iphone?"

Yep, that's what he did.

:)

Old Post 03-12-13 23:20 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Archy
Forum Regular

Make a Deathmatch map. Hell-like or inside a building, hell do both if you like. Just please keep it within Vanilla's limits.

Old Post 03-13-13 00:51 #
Archy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

SatansModder said:

1.Hell-like
2.inside a building

What about inside a building with fleshy stuff?

Old Post 03-13-13 13:32 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
schwerpunk

scifista's right. How about you start by making a map just for yourself, then we'll tell you what we think of it. :)

If you really want a request, how about you make a short (like, 5-10 minute par time), single-key techbase-hell map with lots of Demons/Spectres, and a secret Berserk pack somewhere near the beginning? I love punching Pinkies. Single-player, obviously.

Old Post 03-13-13 16:15 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote