Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > We ever gonna see doom 3 bfg mods ?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:06. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Demonicus666
Green Marine

So are we ever gonna see doom 3 bfg mods one day ?

Old Post 11-14-13 05:14 #
Demonicus666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Average

Unless they add mod support I doubt it. The original Doom 3 modding community hasn't exactly blown the world away and they do have the capacity to mod the game. So...

Old Post 11-14-13 05:31 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheDoomedMarine

I never knew they had disabled mod support for the BFG Edition until I read up on these forums about it, seems a bit of a cop-out if you ask me. :(

Old Post 11-14-13 22:08 #
TheDoomedMarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chungy

BFG Edition is open source so... a modder would probably start by making it load their mod in the first place.

Old Post 11-14-13 23:34 #
chungy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

Anyone know the reasoning behind disabling mod support?

Old Post 11-18-13 23:26 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

As far as I know, they didn't disable mod support. Wasn't Sodaholic loading PWADs by merging them into the IWADs and packaging them as a Doom 3 mod?

I thought the issue was the none of the old mods are compatible with the new version, and no one's bothered updating/porting.

Old Post 11-18-13 23:59 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doominator2
Forum Regular

Average said:
Unless they add mod support I doubt it. The original Doom 3 modding community hasn't exactly blown the world away and they do have the capacity to mod the game. So...

But their was that remake of Doom which was quite decent.

Old Post 12-11-13 21:53 #
Doominator2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Dragonsbrethren said:
As far as I know, they didn't disable mod support. Wasn't Sodaholic loading PWADs by merging them into the IWADs and packaging them as a Doom 3 mod?

That's for Doom and Doom II, not for Doom 3.

They completely changed the way data is archived, so mods would have to be repackaged to be able to work in D3BFG. The best solution would probably to have a Doom 3 source port that's compatible with both systems so that you can play both the original release and the BFG remaster with it, but for that to happen you'd first need to have a Doom 3 source port. And it's not happening.

Old Post 12-11-13 21:57 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote