User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Rage & Doom 3 Guns

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:50.   
codeslicer

Have you noticed the weapons in RAGE are strikingly similar to Doom 3's weapons? And BFG edition the menu is just like RAGE's. id has been recycling.

Old Post 12-15-13 02:47
codeslicer is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

If you go by this forum, the general consensus is that id hasn't recycled enough. I.e. Doom 3 is nothing like Doom 1 or 2.

I guess this is a neat bit of trivia, though.

Old Post 12-15-13 02:51
schwerpunk is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

schwerpunk said:
If you go by this forum, the general consensus is that id hasn't recycled enough. I.e. Doom 3 is nothing like Doom 1 or 2.

I guess this is a neat bit of trivia, though.

Also Rage has the same description of fists as Doom 3

Old Post 12-15-13 03:10
codeslicer is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

That's not lazy; that's an homage!

Okay, maybe it's just a lazy homage.

Old Post 12-15-13 04:33
schwerpunk is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Rage uses the same death sounds as doom3guy I believe

Old Post 12-15-13 05:28
Marnetmar is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Touchdown

Hey, have you noticed that weapons in RAGE are strikingly similiar to weapons in every other shooter? And vice versa?

Old Post 12-15-13 09:50
Touchdown is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Da Werecat

codeslicer said:
Have you noticed the weapons in RAGE are strikingly similar to Doom 3's weapons?

No.

codeslicer said:
Also Rage has the same description of fists as Doom 3

BFG Edition has the same description of fists as Rage. There's no descripton of fists in Doom 3.

Old Post 12-15-13 11:38
Da Werecat is online now Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

They're vaguely similar to doom3s guns

Old Post 12-15-13 12:26
sgt dopey is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

Da Werecat said:

No.

BFG Edition has the same description of fists as Rage. There's no descripton of fists in Doom 3.

Whoopsies sorry I havnt played regular Doom 3 in a while

Also I spotted MIXOM corporation in Rage which appears in Doom 3

Old Post 12-15-13 14:43
codeslicer

Touchdown said:
Hey, have you noticed that weapons in RAGE are strikingly similiar to weapons in every other shooter? And vice versa?

Break away machine gun

Mag on top rocket launcher

Similar shotgun

Etc.

Old Post 12-15-13 14:44
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

I thought the machine gun was an AK. Doom 3's was more like a futuristic P90. Unless I'm forgetting a game

Old Post 12-16-13 02:26
Clonehunter is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

I guess it was like a P90, but the main feature which is most noticeable about a P90 is the red dot sight and it is actually a removable part of that weapon, but the SMG in Doom 3 had an ammo count display.

Old Post 12-16-13 02:47
Avoozl is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well I did say futuristic, in which case I never understood the computer display in a practical sense. Because, how the fuck do you aim it? Does the computer double as an electronic sight, or do you just pray and spray? Maybe if Bravo Squad had weapons with real sights, they could've been better shots and won the day. At least Doomguy had a reticule set in his eyeball

Old Post 12-16-13 02:58
Clonehunter is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Well the weapon does take quite a lot of shots to kill an Imp, but not a huge amount is required to take down a possessed soldier.

Old Post 12-16-13 03:45
Avoozl is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

Clonehunter said:
I thought the machine gun was an AK. Doom 3's was more like a futuristic P90. Unless I'm forgetting a game

Machine gun is like the break open scope

Futuristic Ak is assult rifle

Old Post 12-17-13 12:22
William Blazkowicz

http://postimg.org/image/8lsflrj6l/

Yea, I am not seeing much of a similarity.

Old Post 12-21-13 12:23
William Blazkowicz is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

How about one is a pistol and one is a fucking double barreled shotgun?

Old Post 12-21-13 18:09
Marnetmar is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
William Blazkowicz

Marnetmar said:
How about one is a pistol and one is a fucking double barreled shotgun?

oops. didn't realize that.

Old Post 12-21-13 21:03
William Blazkowicz is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

William Blazkowicz said:
http://postimg.org/image/8lsflrj6l/

Yea, I am not seeing much of a similarity.

Thats the double barrel sg

Its settler pistol - pistol

Settler pistol is revolver but slightly similar

Old Post 12-23-13 16:56
codeslicer

http://rage.wikia.com/wiki/Settler_Pistol

Old Post 12-23-13 16:59
Touchdown

Like I said, you can make such comparisons between essentially EVERY shooter on the planet. There are hundreds of pistols, shotguns, machineguns and rocket launchers in hundreds of games. They ALL look similiar.

Old Post 12-23-13 18:26
Touchdown is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mogul

Being a veteran of Doomworld is like being a high school teacher. You hang around out of a sense of obligation, but new morons join every year and demonstrate that, yes, the waves of 14-year-olds will always keep coming, and yes, they are just as stupid as ever.

Congratulations on this officially certified retarded thread.

Old Post 12-23-13 20:43
Mogul is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote