Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 3 General > POV

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Supposedly the DooMGuy wears his helmet the entire way through Dooms 1&2. It never looks like he does. It looks as though you have no helmet on at all.
This got me thinking: I think there should an option in Doom3 that lets you take on/off your helmet. Damage without your helmet on would be like in regular Doom-you go "Unnnhh!!" and the screen flashes red for a split-second. With your helmet on, however, it would be a lot cooler to be hurt. Imagine-you're fighting off a small group of Imps, and a stray Fireball comes flying your way out of nowhere. The Fireball smacks you straight in the face, but instead of just going "Uhhhnnn!!" and seeing the screen flash red for a brief period, the glass of your helmet visor would be cracked, or even smashed, if you got hurt too bad.
Tell me what you guys think.

Old Post 07-16-01 14:48 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I think you'll look good in green.

Old Post 07-16-01 14:56 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Renegade_Style
Mini-Member

Yeah this could be cool.In the Beta - Version of DooM 1 ,there was such a Helmet view (HUD-like) i think.
Or the alpha-Version,don`t know.

Old Post 07-16-01 15:35 #
Renegade_Style is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Use the chasecam in Zdoom and youll see that he wore his helmet all the way thru.

Old Post 07-16-01 15:56 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Future helmets (if any) aren't supposed to block not even a degree minute of your FOV. Anyway, I would like to see that there's one for protection (both in the face and the back of the neck). If it breaks, then just ditch it, or go around with your vision blocked by a stream of cracked hi-tech plastic.

Old Post 07-17-01 00:34 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote