Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KingTiges

what monsters are going to be left out

I,ve heard id is going to keep most of the old monsters but what are they going to leve out

i'm going to say Spectors

Iv'e heard the same rumor about spectres also and I really hope its not true. They are among my favorite monsters.

Personally I would doubt Specters will be returning but I've heard no "rumors" to that effect. I am betting the Hell Knight will not make a reappearance; i.e. a recolored version of the Baron of Hell.

I think the Mancubus will be in the game Doom III is going for a more high tech fell i think and i bet all the cyborgs for doom will make a apperince

Linguica said:

Personally I would doubt Specters will be returning but I've heard no "rumors" to that effect. I am betting the Hell Knight will not make a reappearance; i.e. a recolored version of the Baron of Hell.

The "HellKnight" did make an apearance.. "DROOLY!!!" and the "Baron Of Hell" will come back to

KingTiges said:

I also don't think the Pain Elemental is going to make a apperince sice the Lost Soul is a robot now

Except that Doom 3's lost souls are those burning skulls that possess people at the beginning. But otherwise you're right. The PE could be made so that it spews out lost souls that can possess you, but some people (like maonth) would get pissed off at that, so it could be left out.

The only halfway official thing I've heard about this, is that one of the idders said that most of the old monsters would be in the game, which could mean a whole lot.
1. it could mean that a bunch of the less popular monsters got thrown away, or
2. it could mean that only the blue nazis got thrown away and that the rest of them stay.

BTW, ahs anyone heard or seen how the new Revenant looks like? I only read it has twin rocket launchers attached on it´s shoulders, but does he look like a zombie, or a skeleton, or like one of those mutated commandos?

they showed the revenant on quakecon 2002, the tour around the doom world or something.. anyway.. nobody has fotage of it because they wernt allowed to. and all the people where checked if they had any camera or something like that with them...

Tetzlaff said:

BTW, ahs anyone heard or seen how the new Revenant looks like? I only read it has twin rocket launchers attached on it´s shoulders, but does he look like a zombie, or a skeleton, or like one of those mutated commandos?

It had damn well better look like a skeleton!

I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the spectre. but it would be fooking awesome if the spectre were in it, and looked like a distortion in space, rather than a finite (if fuzzy) shape.

Bah, they're probably gonna leave the cybie out :-(

Submerge said:

It had damn well better look like a skeleton!

Naah, the skeleton look was cheap... if looks like a mumified zombie it would be OK.

dsm said:

Bah, they're probably gonna leave the cybie out :-(

I'd sooner understand them leaving the caco out than the cybie. Cacos come and go, a cybie is too important, and if they leave the caco out, it would make doom1 feel a lot more special in the later years. =]

Howcome no one is talking about that skeleton dude from the mac video that sort of looked like a zombie? If you put two rocket launchers on his shoulders he would look exactly like revenant.

orion said:

I'd sooner understand them leaving the caco out than the cybie. Cacos come and go, a cybie is too important, and if they leave the caco out, it would make doom1 feel a lot more special in the later years. =]

Are you high? Or are you simply nuts? Everyone on this forum have been bitching about not having seen the cacodemon - it's been called "everyone's favorite monster", the cybie is just a boss (people rather want to see new bosses) and now you're saying that Mr Caco should be THE monster to be left out instead of the Cybie?

Personally, I want both of these monsters in the game (the caco more because then I don't have to read a zillion whining posts about how much the loss of the caco sucks), but I've been hearing a lot of stuff about the cybie "being too cheesy an enemy to put into Doom 3" - not that I understand that for the world of me.

I totally agree to dsm in this point - the Cacodemon is a way more important monster than the Cyberdemon, who is basicly just a cybernetically beefed up Baron of Hell.

I disagree, the cacodemon is a floating tomato, while the cyberdemon is an already impressive looking monster, that will become only scarier when it's redesigned.

I never really cared about the Cyberdemon - it was just a souped up Baron of Hell retaining its lack of intelligence. I hope they replace it with a big balrog.

I really hope the Cacodemon makes it into the game though.

Sod all that, i want all the enemies thrown in.

Spike said:

Sod all that, i want all the enemies thrown in.

Including the blue nazis? ;-)