Cyberdemon
User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 4 General > Doom 4 should have...
Pages (60): « First ... « 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Agentbromsnor
Member


Posts: 423
Registered: 04-12


Oh, another notable mention is that Steam completely goes against John Carmack's open source mentality.

Old Post Oct 19 2012 15:26 #
Agentbromsnor is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
idSoftware981
Banned


Posts: 95
Registered: 07-12


Listen guys, sorry for being a jackass. Your thoughts on DOOM 4 are very informative and creative. I believe DOOM 4 should kind of be like Borderlands in the sense of a gazillion guns. Also, I think DOOM 4 should have more brutality and tons of blood and gore. And more ways to dismember monsters. Less emphasis on a horror atmosphere... more on an action atmosphere...

Even DOOM for the Playstation 1 was actiony. Sure it was horror but mainly action. Yes, I know you guys mock me and think I'm some evil 10 year old high-pitched squealing bastard.... but I am not. Aside from derailing.... Back on topic...

DOOM 4 should have reloading, iron sights, atmosphere, good dark story, no cliffhangers, tons of demons on screen at once, tons of blood and gore, and tons of ways to kill demons and music that pumps up the player like DOOM for the PC.

Old Post Oct 20 2012 00:03 #
idSoftware981 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Legend


Posts: 4020
Registered: 04-04



idSoftware981 said:
I know you guys mock me

Reposting the same crap that you've dominated the past 11 pages of this thread with isn't going to win any hearts and minds. Just saying.

Old Post Oct 20 2012 10:29 #
DoomUK is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jet1337
Green Marine


Posts: 41
Registered: 10-12



idSoftware981 said:
Listen guys, sorry for being a jackass. Your thoughts on DOOM 4 are very informative and creative. I believe DOOM 4 should kind of be like Borderlands in the sense of a gazillion guns. Also, I think DOOM 4 should have more brutality and tons of blood and gore. And more ways to dismember monsters. Less emphasis on a horror atmosphere... more on an action atmosphere...

Even DOOM for the Playstation 1 was actiony. Sure it was horror but mainly action. Yes, I know you guys mock me and think I'm some evil 10 year old high-pitched squealing bastard.... but I am not. Aside from derailing.... Back on topic...

DOOM 4 should have reloading, iron sights, atmosphere, good dark story, no cliffhangers, tons of demons on screen at once, tons of blood and gore, and tons of ways to kill demons and music that pumps up the player like DOOM for the PC.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or stupid. Doom 3 have hundreds of thousands of guns? Are you shitting me?

My vision of what Doom 4 should be is not a Borderlands-wannabe.

I think demons should be able to rip and tear their way through the environment. The pinky bashing in the door and crashing through the glass in Doom 3 is a good example. This should be given, not scripted.

I have a lot more ideas, but I cbf'd atm.

Old Post Oct 20 2012 11:20 #
Jet1337 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agentbromsnor
Member


Posts: 423
Registered: 04-12



idSoftware981 said:
Listen guys, sorry for being a jackass. Your thoughts on DOOM 4 are very informative and creative. I believe DOOM 4 should kind of be like Borderlands in the sense of a gazillion guns. Also, I think DOOM 4 should have more brutality and tons of blood and gore. And more ways to dismember monsters. Less emphasis on a horror atmosphere... more on an action atmosphere...

Even DOOM for the Playstation 1 was actiony. Sure it was horror but mainly action. Yes, I know you guys mock me and think I'm some evil 10 year old high-pitched squealing bastard.... but I am not. Aside from derailing.... Back on topic...

DOOM 4 should have reloading, iron sights, atmosphere, good dark story, no cliffhangers, tons of demons on screen at once, tons of blood and gore, and tons of ways to kill demons and music that pumps up the player like DOOM for the PC.

You're still retarded I see. Also, didn't you always advocate NO reloading throughout this topic??

Old Post Oct 20 2012 13:11 #
Agentbromsnor is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2110
Registered: 02-11


I was thinking about the story and I realized that in a game like this good PRESENTATION is more important than a story. You could have a simple but enjoyable story SUPPORTED by something like a PDA. This way, you could get as much story as you want from the game. No matter how good it is it will not work if it is shoved down our throats, that is against what Doom stands for. Of course for this a better writer would be needed because the PDA messages in Doom 3 were not very engaging.

Old Post Oct 20 2012 18:42 #
DooM_RO is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
idSoftware981
Banned


Posts: 95
Registered: 07-12


DOOM 4 should have....

Outstanding graphics which will make critics go like "FUCK CRYSIS 3!"

No iron sights, iron sights are stupid. We already have a fucking crosshair.

No reloading, reloading is overdone these days we need to make a tribute to Classic DOOM.

Tons of demons on screen at once.

Creepy atmosphere, but still maintain action like DOOM 64 and DOOM PS1.

Badass sound effects.

Limited ammo... I know some people might disagree with me on this. But I think this would be great.... part of the fun of DOOM was searching for ammo....


It should really scare us but also make us laugh and have a good time.


It should give us tons of nightmares if we play it at midnight.

It should be DOOM not a COD rip-off or some shitty-ass Borderlands wannabe.

Fuck regenerating health we need medikits.

We also need tons of blood and gore. I want to feel like I AM killing demons... not going like "HAIZ DEMON!" then going like "PEW! PEW!" I don't want weak weapon sounds... I want meaty weapon sounds like DOOM for PS1....

Also, either this for DOOM 4...


Or just tons of heavy metal music, tons of blood and gore, no reloading, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, secret-finding, no-regenerating health, tons of demons on screen at once, headbanging action....

Old Post Oct 21 2012 00:46 #
idSoftware981 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny


Posts: 814
Registered: 05-10


*Sigh.*

Old Post Oct 21 2012 02:36 #
Caffeine Freak is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LkMax
Junior Member


Posts: 174
Registered: 08-12


*Epic facepalm*
Just goddam leave this gaddam thread.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 05:04 #
LkMax is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple


Posts: 3407
Registered: 07-12



idSoftware981 said:
DOOM 4 should have....

Outstanding graphics which will make critics go like "FUCK CRYSIS 3!"

No iron sights, iron sights are stupid. We already have a fucking crosshair.

No reloading, reloading is overdone these days we need to make a tribute to Classic DOOM.

Tons of demons on screen at once.

Creepy atmosphere, but still maintain action like DOOM 64 and DOOM PS1.

Badass sound effects.

Limited ammo... I know some people might disagree with me on this. But I think this would be great.... part of the fun of DOOM was searching for ammo....


It should really scare us but also make us laugh and have a good time.


It should give us tons of nightmares if we play it at midnight.

It should be DOOM not a COD rip-off or some shitty-ass Borderlands wannabe.

Fuck regenerating health we need medikits.

We also need tons of blood and gore. I want to feel like I AM killing demons... not going like "HAIZ DEMON!" then going like "PEW! PEW!" I don't want weak weapon sounds... I want meaty weapon sounds like DOOM for PS1....

Also, either this for DOOM 4...


Or just tons of heavy metal music, tons of blood and gore, no reloading, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, secret-finding, no-regenerating health, tons of demons on screen at once, headbanging action....

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Looks like a version 2 of the montage will be in order. Seriously, for fucks sake, why do you keep changing your fucking opinion? Now you're saying we DON'T need Iron Sights or Reloading? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!! Assuming you have one that is...

Old Post Oct 21 2012 10:11 #
Eris Falling is online now Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny


Posts: 814
Registered: 05-10


Doom 4 should just be a game where you run around for 12 hours shooting demons with idsoftware981's face pasted across their heads.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 10:58 #
Caffeine Freak is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple


Posts: 3407
Registered: 07-12



Caffeine Freak said:
Doom 4 should just be a game where you run around for 12 hours shooting demons with idsoftware981's face pasted across their heads.

Seconded.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 11:00 #
Eris Falling is online now Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny


Posts: 814
Registered: 05-10



Eris Falling said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Looks like a version 2 of the montage will be in order. Seriously, for fucks sake, why do you keep changing your fucking opinion? Now you're saying we DON'T need Iron Sights or Reloading? MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!! Assuming you have one that is...

Looks like you'd better fire up MS Paint and get that Montage 2.0 pumped out. I thought he had gone away, but somebody flagged the re-spawn option on him.

Or maybe we're just in Nightmare mode. Ha ha ha...

Old Post Oct 21 2012 11:05 #
Caffeine Freak is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2110
Registered: 02-11


Can we please get this thread back on track? I know he is annoying but if you stop replying to his posts he might go back under his bridge.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 11:32 #
DooM_RO is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Krispy
Senior Member


Posts: 1264
Registered: 02-12


It's called 'ignore'.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 14:58 #
Krispy is offline Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot


Posts: 2765
Registered: 11-00


Hey idsoftware981: Stop being a cock.

Seriously.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 22:29 #
AirRaid is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple


Posts: 2925
Registered: 10-06


I think it needs an FOV of 60.

Old Post Oct 21 2012 22:39 #
Phobus is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Touchdown
Forum Regular


Posts: 712
Registered: 06-05



Phobus said:
I think it needs an FOV of 60.

There's no way DOOM 4 is gonna have a higher FoV than that.

Old Post Oct 22 2012 06:50 #
Touchdown is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Deeforce
Forum Regular


Posts: 731
Registered: 04-06


Doom 4 will have steam (internet connection needed), nevertheless I will buy it. We all hope for enough blood Mr. Carmack :-)!

Old Post Oct 22 2012 21:11 #
Deeforce is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple


Posts: 3407
Registered: 07-12


Let's hope Mr Carmack doesn't get fucked over by Bethesda. That company had no involvement in Doom 3, and - I can't say for sure because I've not played the BFG edition - from what I've read, I'm actually slightly scared about how Doom 4 will turn out.

Old Post Oct 22 2012 21:16 #
Eris Falling is online now Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooM_RO
Senior Member


Posts: 2110
Registered: 02-11



Eris Falling said:
Let's hope Mr Carmack doesn't get fucked over by Bethesda. That company had no involvement in Doom 3, and - I can't say for sure because I've not played the BFG edition - from what I've read, I'm actually slightly scared about how Doom 4 will turn out.

Are you saying this because of RAGE? Zenimax had not involvement in that project and Bethesda is awesome!They gave us free mounted combat in a patch for Skyrim.

Old Post Oct 23 2012 05:47 #
DooM_RO is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Touchdown
Forum Regular


Posts: 712
Registered: 06-05


I think Bethesda only controls tactical movement, for instance if it wasn't for them, Carmack would have talked about DOOM 4 even during QC11. BFG Edition crap comes from id guys losing perspective. How that will transfer to DOOM 4 remains to be seen.

Old Post Oct 23 2012 07:35 #
Touchdown is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
idSoftware981
Banned


Posts: 95
Registered: 07-12


My goodness... people think I'm a troll? No, those were legit opinions. I don't call you a troll when you make a statement about DOOM 4. Everyone is just bashing me as usual... :(

Ah well, the FOV for consoles should at least be 90 or higher... I'm sick of this FOV being 60.

Old Post Oct 25 2012 21:04 #
idSoftware981 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple


Posts: 3407
Registered: 07-12


Inb4 soda raging about it being 80.

Old Post Oct 25 2012 21:25 #
Eris Falling is online now Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.


Posts: 3345
Registered: 07-02



Touchdown said:
There's no way DOOM 4 is gonna have a higher FoV than that.

Why would 90 look so bad? I mean, chances are you'll be playing it on a 16:9 monitor anyway.

Old Post Oct 26 2012 23:27 #
GoatLord is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TB171
Junior Member


Posts: 219
Registered: 02-12



Agentbromsnor said:
You're still retarded I see. Also, didn't you always advocate NO reloading throughout this topic??

And.....we're back at square one.

Old Post Oct 27 2012 05:16 #
TB171 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time


Posts: 3515
Registered: 04-07



Eris Falling said:
Inb4 soda raging about it being 80.

I won't, now that I learned that the FOV was actually relative to a 16:9 aspect ratio as opposed to it being traditionally relative to 4:3. Thus, id software's now preferred 80 is actually equivalent to 64 normal FOV.

Honestly, though, it's pretty good if you play it in widescreen, but annoyingly low if you use a 4:3 monitor.

Old Post Oct 27 2012 05:50 #
Sodaholic is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Touchdown
Forum Regular


Posts: 712
Registered: 06-05



GoatLord said:
Why would 90 look so bad? I mean, chances are you'll be playing it on a 16:9 monitor anyway.

One of the reasons for low FoV is that it feels more natural when you're on a couch, sitting a good distance from the TV. I don't play on consoles so I can't confirm but of course on a PC, when you're close to the monitor, you need a higher FoV to retain the natural feel. But since all games are designed on consoles first, PC gets a carbon copy of what was set on the console.

Another reason that I think someone from id stated (but I can't confirm) is that 60 has less distortion (stretching) on the edges of the screen. I disagree with that because one, 90 still doesn't look like a fish-eye effect. And two, in a real world everything you see on the edges is completely blurred but you still need it because if you'd only see what you see with a 100% focus, it wouldn't feel good at all.

And finally the biggest reason for low FoV: performance. Lower FoV means less things on screen. And because consoles are already completely out of power, devs need to save it however they can. PC can easily outperform consoles and handle higher FoV but not every developer cares to add a FoV slider.

There's still hope though. I've heard the patch for BFG Edtition will include a FoV slider amongst other things. Maybe id will recognize that fact and include it in DOOM 4 right away.

Old Post Oct 27 2012 08:29 #
Touchdown is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Agentbromsnor
Member


Posts: 423
Registered: 04-12



GoatLord said:
Why would 90 look so bad? I mean, chances are you'll be playing it on a 16:9 monitor anyway.

Okay okay, I'll stop.

Old Post Oct 27 2012 14:00 #
Agentbromsnor is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LkMax
Junior Member


Posts: 174
Registered: 08-12



Touchdown said:
(...)I've heard the patch for BFG Edtition will include a FoV slider amongst other things. Maybe id will recognize that fact and include it in DOOM 4 right away.

Hopefully the BFG Edition will serve as a test for what to not do on Doom 4.

Old Post Oct 28 2012 13:14 #
LkMax is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « First ... « 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 » ... Last »  
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 4 General > Doom 4 should have...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.