Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Newfangled Doom > Doom 4 General > Doom 4 should have...
Pages (60): « First ... « 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jet1337
Green Marine

Touchdown said:

I've heard the patch for BFG Edtition will include a FoV slider amongst other things. Maybe id will recognize that fact and include it in DOOM 4 right away.

This is the problem with people these days. They believe everything they hear.

There has been no announcement of a patch for D3: BFG.

Old Post 11-01-12 04:02 #
Jet1337 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Jet1337 said:

Except that there HAS been. Brian Harris announced id was making a patch on Twitter.

Old Post 11-01-12 04:33 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Edward850

Jet1337 said:
This is the problem with people these days. They believe everything they hear.

You're right. No patch at all. Not even a word from John Carmack about a patch. And certainly no pictures to back it up.

Old Post 11-01-12 04:41 #
Edward850 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Deeforce
Forum Regular

ID software should make Doom 4 just as "Beyond Reality". Really, there needs to be more color!

Old Post 11-07-12 12:22 #
Deeforce is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Agentbromsnor

Doom 4 should have some kind of editor I think. Don't know why Carmack hasn't released any type of editor for RAGE either...

Old Post 11-15-12 10:15 #
Agentbromsnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Edward850

Agentbromsnor said:
Doom 4 should have some kind of editor I think. Don't know why Carmack hasn't released any type of editor for RAGE either...

Because there is. It, however, needs a 64bit environment. The 64bit build is still in QA, which was also held back by the development of Doom3 BFG.

Old Post 11-15-12 10:20 #
Edward850 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
idSoftware981
Banned

OK, In all serious DOOM 4 should have an enviroment like DOOM 64's or DOOM for the Playstation 1. Ambient music, colored lighting, advanced technology, innovative gameplay, and fast-paced action. Also, give it a survival-horror feel but also an old-school shooter feel. Like a mixture of the two... :D

Old Post 11-18-12 00:38 #
idSoftware981 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

idSoftware981 said:
OK, In all serious DOOM 4 should have an enviroment like DOOM 64's or DOOM for the Playstation 1. Ambient music, colored lighting, advanced technology, innovative gameplay, and fast-paced action. Also, give it a survival-horror feel but also an old-school shooter feel. Like a mixture of the two... :D

Yes, definitely. IMO, Doom 4 should have scarier moments than Doom 3.

Old Post 11-18-12 00:42 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

idSoftware981 said:
OK, In all serious

In all serious, we've already established that you want Doom 4 to be a bunch of random things, several of which contradict themselves. Can't you bring anything new to the discussion?

Old Post 11-18-12 10:01 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
idSoftware981
Banned

Yes, I can bring something new to the discussion. Atmosphere. Atmosphere should be essential to DOOM 4.

Old Post 11-18-12 18:45 #
idSoftware981 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

idSoftware981 said:
Yes, I can bring something new to the discussion. Atmosphere. Atmosphere should be essential to DOOM 4.

THAT'S NOT NEW!!

http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/c0798bd528f5-xl.jpg

Old Post 11-18-12 20:04 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Touchdown

While I'm sure it's been discussed before, here's the DOOM 4 logo in the highest res I've been able to find (it's long gone from the source). Most likely a placeholder/not the final version. I've heard a lot of criticism but I really like it, it's not your typical all-tech DOOM logo and for what it's worth, it says "Hell on Earth" very clearly.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9154/highresn.jpg

Old Post 11-19-12 11:30 #
Touchdown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

I agree, I absolutely love that logo. Too bad it's likely not going to be associated with the final product, much like the fate of the placeholder Doom 3 logo.

Old Post 11-19-12 13:33 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheEndOfUs

Placeholder Doom 3 logo?

Old Post 11-19-12 14:18 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

This.

Old Post 11-19-12 14:27 #
TheEndOfUs

Got a 403 there. Is it the one that looks a bit more like the BFG edition art?

Old Post 11-19-12 14:32 #
TheEndOfUs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

TheEndOfUs said:
Got a 403 there.

Ok, try this:-

http://indroid.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Doom3_logo-600x300.jpg

Old Post 11-19-12 14:37 #
TheEndOfUs

Ah yes, too bad they ditched it. Hope they keep the D4 logo as it is, cause it looks badass. Makes me want to play the game before even seeing it.

Old Post 11-19-12 14:53 #
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

We all went crazy when they showed that logo at Quakecon 2008.

Old Post 11-19-12 17:35 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

I think it looks incredible. Seriously, what's wrong with it?

Btw, do you think Id are finally going to reveal Doom 4 this year?

Old Post 11-19-12 17:49 #
DooM_RO is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Touchdown

I'm sceptical, complete blackout means nothing is certain (we've entered the sixth year of waiting for a Half-Life follow-up, you get the picture).

Everything seems to go in the right direction. RAGE is out the door, BFG Edtion aka 'pre-DOOM 4 reminder of the DOOM franchise' is out the door, all other developments at id are on hold because of DOOM 4 (RAGE 2, mobile, maybe even RAGE DLC) and everyone at the company is working on it. Seems like they want to get it out sooner than later (otherwise they would not have ceased all other projects to get people to work on DOOM) and finally, we're well past the 4 year mark of the development. 2013 might be the year, at least of the unveiling.

Than again, waiting for games like the aforementioned HL that shouldn't take that long yet they do... I ain't gonna hold my breath.

Old Post 11-19-12 19:01 #
Touchdown is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Caffeine Freak
black and shiny

DooM_RO said:
I think it looks incredible. Seriously, what's wrong with it?

Nothing. I meant we all 'went crazy' because we were so excited.

Btw, I think id is making the right call by NOT showing Doom 4. They made the mistake of continuously previewing Rage for over four years before it was released, and people got so used to seeing it that the novelty wore off. It's a good idea to keep a game as fresh as possible before release.

Old Post 11-19-12 21:42 #
Caffeine Freak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Caffeine Freak said:

Btw, I think id is making the right call by NOT showing Doom 4. They made the mistake of continuously previewing Rage for over four years before it was released, and people got so used to seeing it that the novelty wore off. It's a good idea to keep a game as fresh as possible before release.

Not only that, but people also thought it would be like Fallout 3 or Borderlands when in fact it is more like Bioshock.

Old Post 11-20-12 06:42 #
DooM_RO is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mtm5925
Warming Up

I'm betting on Doom 4 reveal on Video Game Awards 2012, which is about 2 1/2 weeks away.

Old Post 11-20-12 10:39 #
mtm5925 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

Caffeine Freak said:

I agree, but four years and not even sketchy concept art is a bit frustrating at times.

Old Post 11-20-12 16:58 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

GoatLord said:

I agree, but four years and not even sketchy concept art is a bit frustrating at times.

I think it's entirely possible nothing was done until 2010, they seemed to be very focused on RAGE. For some reason, I also get the feeling that they scrapped a lot of the game during development. Either way, I hope news will soon follow.

Old Post 11-20-12 19:40 #
Touchdown

They've had two separate teams. RAGE was the focus but the DOOM guys were working on their own. Some people were moving back and forth between the two but that's it.

Old Post 11-20-12 20:26 #
mtm5925
Warming Up

They were building team during 2008~2009 and they had 1.5 times bigger team (than Rage team) by mid 2010. So I think it's safe to say Doom 4 has been in full production for last 3 years.

Old Post 11-20-12 23:12 #
mtm5925 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

If I don't see any concept art by first quarter of next year, I'm going to strangle a puppy. No, not really, but it will be annoying.

Old Post 11-20-12 23:53 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

Touchdown said:
While I'm sure it's been discussed before, here's the DOOM 4 logo in the highest res I've been able to find (it's long gone from the source). Most likely a placeholder/not the final version. I've heard a lot of criticism but I really like it, it's not your typical all-tech DOOM logo and for what it's worth, it says "Hell on Earth" very clearly.

I hated this logo for the longest time, but this is the first time I've seen it as this resolution. I have to say, I really, really like it.

Old Post 11-20-12 23:54 #