Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

If Doom 4 is a remake of Doom 2...

...Who's head would be on the stick? Tim Willits'? John Carmack's? Some employee nobody's ever heard of?

Doom 4 is not a remake of Doom 2.

I'm sure there's an article stating exactly this but fuck if I can find it right now.

Marnetmar said:

...Who's head would be on the stick? Tim Willits'? John Carmack's? Some employee nobody's ever heard of?

As long IDSoftware makes the game without any irational forced deadlines a Doom2 remake would go perfectly.

Unless the designers on the doom 4 dev team aren't batshit insane, doom 4 is not going to be a doom 2 remake (unless you consider fighting hell on earth as a doom 2 remake).

But if there was a doom 2 remake, I would put Marnetmar's head on a pike. In real life. Don't ask why.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Unless the designers on the doom 4 dev team aren't batshit insane, doom 4 is not going to be a doom 2 remake (unless you consider fighting hell on earth as a doom 2 remake).

But if there was a doom 2 remake, I would put Marnetmar's head on a pike. In real life. Don't ask why.

Why? Whatever idiotic mistake I've made offending the Doomworld elites, I'll fix it.

And sheesh this whole thread was a joke to make fun of the stupid rumors of Doom 4 being a remake of Doom 2, lighten up.

Marnetmar said:

And sheesh this whole thread was a joke to make fun of the stupid rumors of Doom 4 being a remake of Doom 2, lighten up.

You need to work on your jokes.

Even though this is a joke topic I say John Carmack's head. He made the tech for Doom he should get the glory.

it'd be funny if instead it was a sprite of doomguy inside there, like as an easter egg.

But if its a head on a spike, I either vote the skull on the cover of Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, or the original.

Seeing as how this is modern gaming... it could be randomized to be anything even a bloody arm. Or a big ass cyberdemon head.

You know the worst thing about this thread? The assumption that a remake of Doom 2 using Idtech 5 would have a boss as terrible and contrived as an Icon of Sin made up of a WALL with a fucking STATIC OBJECT behind it that you shoot at.

It's a terrible idea for a boss. It wasnt great in 1994, and 17 years on it's the single most retarded boss idea I can think of.