Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slowtorturepukechamber

DOOM 4 Using Old Sounds!

FIRST, just want to apologize for being such a twat to the moderators. Won't happen again, just really angry that day.

Anyway, If you watch the DOOM 4 trailer, the sound of the door opening is the same as the door sound in the original DOOM games, just remastered. Do you think that DOOM 4 will use other old sounds?

Jaxxoon R said:

Wasn't this shit helled before? What, is the first impressions topic not enough?

No need to jump to conclusions. When I originally posted this, I posted it in the Doom General forums, not Doom 4 forums. That's why it was helled.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if those sounds were place holders put in there to pander to the old school crowd and might get replaced during development.

Quasar said:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if those sounds were place holders put in there to pander to the old school crowd and might get replaced during development.

Very true, but I heard that DOOM 4 is taking it back to the roots, being just a shooter game, not a psychological horror game. So, maybe they will add older sounds to the game, but then again, as you said, it could be added to the trailer specifically to draw in the old school crowd.

Avoozl said:

Fallout New Vegas uses music from older Fallout games.

I loved that,better than the peaceful-ish music from Fallout 3

They probably will.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add some easter egg that gets you to play one level from Doom 1.

Then again, what Ribbiks said.

The original sounds mean a lot. New Super Mario uses original sounds.

Crasger said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they add some easter egg that gets you to play one level from Doom 1.

I heard that it's a remake of the original Doom. But, I'm just flapping my gums. Not sure if it IS true, but the storyline sounds pretty cool.

Quasar said:

Classic Doom uses those sounds excessively, even if they don't make much sense. Wooden raising doors? Would you want new Doom to do the same with ALL doors?