Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Bethesda E3 Conference - DOOM4 Unveiling

If they are aware of Brutal Doom then they must be aware of other WADs too. I will be mighty disappointed if BD is the only inspiration, there are so many other good mods like Demon Eclipse

EDIT: Besides , I kinda doubt they would host a whole panel JUST for BD. I mean there isn't a whole lot to talk about and the panel is two hours long.

They also might not be. If something like Battlefield Hardline or Medal of Honor can be created it's entirely possible DooM 4 can suck as well.

PLEASE DON'T SUCK DOOM 4!!!!!

phi108 said:

Remember what makes up the Doom community, guys.

A huge amount of autism spectrum over-reactors and crybabies? Just check out the Doomworld FB group for 60 seconds!

1) It's Bethesda- I worry they'll give us a mediocre game that will rely on piles of user-made mods to be enjoyable since that's the direction Elder Scrolls went in. I'm one of the types who plays Oblivion with well over 100 mods installed, because I consider the unmodded vanilla game to be awful and broken. I'd wager if I ever play Skyrim it'll be the same deal with mods- and I pity those who play those games on consoles. But is that a Bethesda thing? Even Minecraft is such a cheap letdown that it needs piles of mods to be fun- did I say fun? I meant "I use this mod to add a feature to the game that should've been included by the dev team", I am looking at YOU, Optifine!.

2) I'll be honest, I really worry this will be the next DNF. It's already delayed beyond reason, it's been rebooted 2 or 3 times now and by the time it comes out it won't resemble the original version at all- if it comes out. The refusal to really show anything and to make streams private kills my confidence But it's Bethesda, at the very least the game should be easy to mod, provided there is a large enough community to do so.

3) after seeing what happened with DNF and Postal 3, I'm not getting my hopes too high for the hype train on this. But you know what? I don't much care if this game is good or it sucks, because I can still play Doom and Doom II. I don't need a new version all that bad. It doesn't matter to me if this is a faithful new game or something as bad as a Bay/Nolan/Abrams in-name-only adaptation, because I can just play the original game either way. I have Doom Enhanced, Samsara, the Metroid mod, I have Scythe II, Unloved, Hellground, Mandrill Ass Project and numerous other map sets to constitute several retail games worth of fun. If this bombs or is canned, I don't care.

diosoth said:

It's Bethesda

No. Bethesda Softworks is just a publisher. id Software is making the game.

You're thinking of Bethesda Game Studios, the developers behind Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Just so it's clear:

“We’re hosting our first-ever E3 Showcase in Hollywood, CA on June 14th and we’ve saved some seats just for you, our fans. Feel like a celebrity by attending our most exciting event yet, live and in-person! Keep an eye out – in the coming months we’ll be sharing details on how you can register to attend.

Can’t make it out to LA to join us? Don’t worry, we have you covered. On Twitch.TV/Bethesda (Follow here), you’ll be able to tune in on 6/14 and watch every moment live!”

http://gamerant.com/bethesda-e3-press-conference-fallout/

DooM_RO said:

Just so it's clear:

“We’re hosting our first-ever E3 Showcase in Hollywood, CA on June 14th and we’ve saved some seats just for you, our fans. Feel like a celebrity by attending our most exciting event yet, live and in-person! Keep an eye out – in the coming months we’ll be sharing details on how you can register to attend.

Can’t make it out to LA to join us? Don’t worry, we have you covered. On Twitch.TV/Bethesda (Follow here), you’ll be able to tune in on 6/14 and watch every moment live!”

http://gamerant.com/bethesda-e3-press-conference-fallout/

I don't know how this was ever unclear; it was stated openly in the original press release that this main event would be streamed. All the other E3 events were never promised as such, though I must admit I would certainly like to find out what is said in them one way or another. Hopefully they'll at least be reported on after the fact if they're not going to be available live.

So it's settled then. We're going to see Doom 4 in just a matter of days. I can't wait.

I've been waiting for this since 2008.

I hope to see a gory lost soul, a skull which combines flames, some flesh and blood trickling from its eyes.

My biggest fear is to see that Spider Mastermind is just a regurgitated version of the Classic Doom one.

It would be just laughable, mainly because SM and Arachnotron are a spitting image of each other, just in different sizes.

I would love to see the a similar approach of the dude that made those artworks of arachnotron and mastermind. Each one now stands out by itself, wihout being a spitting image of the other:

He took as inspiration D3 Varagy as well as Alien for his Spider Mastermind:

His arachnotron resembles the classic but with a much better visual, emphasizing the integration between flesh and metal:

Ralphis said:

A huge amount of autism spectrum over-reactors and crybabies? Just check out the Doomworld FB group for 60 seconds!

But the Revenants height and posture is all wrong and the sprite clipping is screwed up we've been betrayed yet again!!!!

Piper Maru said:

But the Revenants height and posture is all wrong and the sprite clipping is screwed up we've been betrayed yet again!!!!

Not to mention the 3D graphics make the player feels that physics doesn't work there: the thin legs of that revenant would never be able to sustain the weight of his ubber body + that heavy armor.

Magic monsters with skinny legs are unrealistic we should just have doomguy fight something more sensible like bears

Jaxxoon R said:

Magic monsters with skinny legs are unrealistic we should just have doomguy fight something more sensible like bears

I don't consider a revenant a magic monster at all. For me it is just a dead marine corpse revived and mantained through its mechanics parts like frankenstein. And for it human physics should work.

So, some exoskeleton should be put to reinforce its legs, but there are only few wires there.

doom_is_great said:

Dude, if they do not show this game after promising a worldwide gameplay reveal in the teaser, that will just be the ultimate "FUCK YOU" that the Doom community has ever received from the developers. This is just pure bullshit.

They better not pull the same stunt they pulled at QuakeCon last year at E3!

EDIT: After reading further posts in the thread, I take back the previous comment.

Kaskaum said:

I don't consider a revenant a magic monster at all. For me it is just a dead marine corpse revived and mantained through its mechanics parts like frankenstein. And for it human physics should work.

There is literally zero flesh or tech on this thing's arms and legs and yet it can still a. stay together b. run about and punch you and c. see you without eyes.

How the hell is this not magic?

It also can't be a marine since Doomguy's height only reaches up to its crotch --just its tibia is the length of the entirety of Doomguy's leg.

Jaxxoon R said:

http://doomwiki.org/w/images/2/2d/Rev_demo.png
There is literally zero flesh or tech on this thing's arms and legs and yet it can still a. stay together b. run about and punch you and c. see you without eyes.

How the hell is this not magic?

It also can't be a marine since Doomguy's height only reaches up to its crotch --just its tibia is the length of the entirety of Doomguy's leg.

Those old grahics from Doom don't give you the impression they have a heavy armor, but the new one in the reboot does have the impression of a lot of weight on his upper body and his armor, and I still see it as a frankenstein, zombie or possessed marine instead of a pure demon.

I don't see it. I see a fucking spooky skeleton.

As I'm writing this, I'm stifling my impulse to break into a laugh.

I'm here arguing whether a giant robo skeleton is magic or not. What.

Marnetmar said:

Fucking hell, this is turning out to be the longest nine hours of my life.

9? It will be 11 at least. 7PM PT is not Doom 4's reveal. 7PM PT is when E3's conference starts. Before Doom 4, they will reveal Fallout 4, talk about Wolfenstein and The Evil Within's DLC, and for sure, Doom 4 will only be shown at the end.

doom_is_great said:

How are we going to be able to watch this live by the way? Will there be a live stream on Bethesda's official website.

http://heavy.com/games/2015/06/watch-e3-2015-live-stream-online-bethesda-ea-square-enix-sony-microsoft-ubisoft/

Nah you got it wrong. 7PM PT is when it starts, then an advertiser/dev circlejerk akin to the one before the Doom 2 Tournament will take place, and that will take about 20, maybe 30 minutes. Thankfully we don't have nutheads in our community or in general that think invading the stage is a cool thing to do, otherwise I'm willing to bet it'll happen.

The meat on Beth's table is Fallout 4, no questions asked. They got an actual trailer, they revealed it later than Doom's, everyone in the media stopped paying attention at Doom's reveal to focus on F4's instead (have fun trying to prove me wrong, everyone)...

They're totally going to show Doom first, but who knows how many stupid "baby shower"-tier minigames it's going to take.

I am being generously cautious about this whole thing.

Whoops, fixed my post.

Anyway, seems like Fallout 4 was not meant to be shown before E3. Maybe they were planning to show Fallout 4 after Doom and get everyone by surprise. Now, Doom is the only exclusive thing they have, so you can beat they are going to use it to finish their conference.