• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Reveal thread from EE forum (split)

In all honesty, This looks great.

- Fast player movement.

- Great lighting choices.

- Good color balance, everything fits for what they did.

- Nice looking interaction / switch stuff.

This seems to be what doom 3 should have been, Just enough of the classics and just enough modernization. The only thing i seem to miss are heavy gun sounds. Also, The scene with the molten metal had great lighting to set the mood.

I think they should have made the imps ghostly-white so I could actually tell what they even were. And also to look creepyweird, too.

Anyone else think it must suck to work in that molten steel mill? They put all the offices and walkways over the lava. Heat rises. It still looks awesome to see.

You think perhaps some of these threads about Doom 4 should be merged into a single one? It's getting kinda annoying having to open like 3 different pages just to read what people are saying about the game.

geo said:

Anyone else think it must suck to work in that molten steel mill? They put all the offices and walkways over the lava. Heat rises. It still looks awesome to see.

Not as bad as a sulphur mill though; they smell like farts.

hardcore_gamer said:

You think perhaps some of these threads about Doom 4 should be merged into a single one? It's getting kinda annoying having to open like 3 different pages just to read what people are saying about the game.

If the threads were merged, you would have to do just the same: Open multiple pages of the same megathread to be able to read through its entirety and grasp context between posts. Maybe it would be even harder in one big thread than several smaller ones. Specially if post times stay the same and the thread is ordered by post time, the context between older posts would be completely lost.

I noticed they lifted the Hell Knight straight from Doom 3.

Jaxxoon R said:

I think they should have made the imps ghostly-white so I could actually tell what they even were.

Or, like I commented on previously, put some horns or spikes on them. Shoulder spikes would differentiate them fine.

Technician said:

Not a bad thing honestly. I always thought the hell knight was easily the coolest doom 3 monster design. I have always felt the Doom 2 version just looks kinda silly and too cartoony.

Technician said:

Or, like I commented on previously, put some horns or spikes on them. Shoulder spikes would differentiate them fine.

I'm glad the Doom 3 Hell Knight design is in the new game, I'm quite fond of it. As for the imps, they do have spikes, I'm pretty sure of that. Overall, I like the monster designs. Not outright original, but they work.

They actually have back spikes, the only problem is that they're the same color as their flesh so by the time you can actually see them they're already dead. Oh well.

geo said:

Never try to make doom levels that make sense!!!

-Loosely quoting John Romero