Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The 1st Gamer

Amazon Game Info

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if anyone has posted about the Doom game page over at Amazon yet, but I figured I would. If you head over to http://www.amazon.com/Doom-Xbox-One/dp/B00M3D8IPQ/ref=sr_1_1_twi_3_gam?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1434909914&sr=1-1&keywords=doom and look at the product description the page states under Story that "You’ve come here for a reason. The Union Aerospace Corporation’s massive research facility on Mars is overwhelmed by fierce and powerful demons, and only one person stands between their world and ours. As the lone DOOM Marine, you’ve been activated to do one thing – kill them all." I found this somewhat interesting because on one hand it mentions the marine as a person but then states the marine has been "activated." Could this mean the marine is somehow a machine owned by the UAC or is this simply military lingo? Also, the box art, while basic and probably a placeholder at this point, kinda looks good to me honestly. I like the basic color scheme personally and the simple statement that the game is in fact Doom. So, what are your thoughts on the info provided on the Amazon page and what do you think about the box art? Just curious about the opinions of the people on the site. :)

That story sort of implies that you were sent alone as a one-man army because everyone was confident you'd fuckin' mop the floor with the demons. I like the original better, where you're just the lone survivor by chance. Hopefully it's actualy the case here. I don't think Doom is the game where I'd want to play as someone like Serious Sam or Duke Nukem.

The 1st Gamer said:

I found this somewhat interesting because on one hand it mentions the marine as a person but then states the marine has been "activated." Could this mean the marine is somehow a machine owned by the UAC or is this simply military lingo?

Maybe you're a cyborg, built expressly to kick demon ass. I could see Doom 4 following RTC-3057 here (also Robocop, Halo, etc).

They mean activated as in "placed on active duty", not like a machine. Not that this precludes the possibility of Doom4guy being a cyborg to one extent or another.

Piper Maru said:

They just keep screwing up huh? Hopefully in the next reboot they will retain the rich, thought provoking plot of the original Doom.

Every post I've been seeing from you in the Doom 4 forum has been a sarcastic snipe mocking somebody for not liking what you like. Knock it off with the shitposting, please. If you want to debate and disagree, please do so like an adult.

That boxart is cool but I want a modern Doom 1 Boxart/Army of Darkness inspired one! The Doomguy in his badass exoskeleton blowing some imps away with a shotgun and he's stomping on a revenant's head while a hellknight is sneaking up on him. It could be set in a UAC facility or in Hell, it doesn't matter! Fuck the press!

esselfortium said:

Every post I've been seeing from you in the Doom 4 forum has been a sarcastic snipe mocking somebody for not liking what you like. Knock it off with the shitposting, please. If you want to debate and disagree, please do so like an adult.

Every post in the Doom 4 forum I make is sarcastic, snipe mocking, shitposting? Really, because looking through my post history doesn't tell me that. In fact how many Doom 4 pictures, videos, observations and thoughts have I contributed? I think you need to check your bifocals. Lemme guess, below quoted is a shitpost too yes? But if you prefer me to stop taking the piss out of people, I'll stop.

Piper Maru said:

The Archvile is a creature I hope makes it into new Doom. I've always felt the design of the Vile was inspired by the movie monster Pumpkinhead, I hope they retain that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXcwJKSTCw

Piper Maru said:

Every post in the Doom 4 forum I make is sarcastic, snipe mocking, shitposting? Really, because looking through my post history doesn't tell me that. In fact how many Doom 4 pictures, videos, observations and thoughts have I contributed? I think you need to check your bifocals. Lemme guess, below quoted is a shitpost too yes?

You've been acting dickish in here often enough that I've noticed it. Give it a rest.

esselfortium said:

You've been acting dickish in here often enough that I've noticed it. Give it a rest.

Give it a rest? No problem at all. I will post in a manner as you wish, deal?

:)

Or maybe it could be one of those first person deals. You're looking through the Doomguy's eyes and he's blasting the chaingun into a variety pack of demons while in his peripheral there's a pinky charging right at him and you see how frantic it all is and over the whole thing is "DOOM". DUDE that'd be awesome.

esselfortium said:

Knock it off with the shitposting,

You wanna know about some shitposting, every post from that JackXooner guy is him babbling about wanting hydroponic weed gardens in the new Doom or how kawaii the new plasma rifle is or defending the revenant's setting a bad example on adult males with its rampant anorexia and unattainable figure.

Fuck that guy, man.

Jaxxoon R said:

Fuck that guy, man.

Seriously. Why, if I ever see him again, I don't know what I'd do!

The boxart is placeholder, it won't just be the new Doom logo on black background. If there's a special edition it might be that, but not for the regular edition that people will see on store shelves.
The release date is also placeholder; if Amazon doesn't have a concrete date given, they'll always just put the last day of the current year.
Also, the description to the story is almost verbatim what was said at E3 just before the first gameplay video.
:)

The 1st Gamer said:

I found this somewhat interesting because on one hand it mentions the marine as a person but then states the marine has been "activated." Could this mean the marine is somehow a machine owned by the UAC or is this simply military lingo?

They watched Elysium.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Unfortunately some negativity was imbued in the thread but whatever. I think your posts are interesting Piper Maru! :)

So There will be Team Deathmatches and you'll be able to select Marine or Demon Class ? Kinda loved the Idea .

GoatLord said:

The new logo is really growing on me.

The Amazon link has the highest-res looking version of the new Doom logo I've found so far.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

So There will be Team Deathmatches and you'll be able to select Marine or Demon Class ? Kinda loved the Idea .

I wonder how many types you can play as. I noticed Revenant and Hellknight, but I wonder if they'll all be available or not

Clonehunter said:

I wonder how many types you can play as. I noticed Revenant and Hellknight, but I wonder if they'll all be available or not

Probably we can also choose one of different Marine types .

IMX said:
GoatLord said:

The new logo is really growing on me.

The Amazon link has the highest-res looking version of the new Doom logo I've found so far.

The juxtaposition of hi-res but uni-colored logo somehow works well for a Doom logo, I agree.

I actually really like the look of this box art. I hope it isn't just placeholder. The new white logo against the black background really makes it "pop out" at you. Your entire attention is drawn to one thing and one thing only: DOOM. That's all you need to know. It will stand out on the shelf compared to other game covers as well due to the simplistic color scheme. I say bring it on!

RUSH said:

I actually really like the look of this box art. I hope it isn't just placeholder. The new white logo against the black background really makes it "pop out" at you. Your entire attention is drawn to one thing and one thing only: DOOM. That's all you need to know. It will stand out on the shelf compared to other game covers as well due to the simplistic color scheme. I say bring it on!

Ironically you're totally right. You walk into a gamestop or any video game store and you see a literal wall of colorful box art, often with the protagonist standing amongst an extreme looking background. This box art with its simplicity will stand out immensely.

scifista42 said:
IMX said:

The juxtaposition of hi-res but uni-colored logo somehow works well for a Doom logo, I agree.

Damn, it looks really bland to me, just white on black.