Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The 1st Gamer

Amazon Game Info

Nice find! It's been a while, but one thing I never understood in Doom, was why are there marines on Mars? Were they at war before the demons? Especially in Doom 3, they're just standing around all over the place. I hope in this one they explain that a bit better. I really hope there isn't marines standing around at every corner telling you where to go. The first level should just start right in the action and the player/doomguy figures out what's happening on their own.

Maybe there are a few highly trained super soldiers in some sort of cryo-sleep and are only activated when they're required. Or teleportation/some sort of fast way of travelling exists where the marine is transferred over from Earth, or a nearby planet after hell invades.

I just hope there isn't a whole level dedicated to walking around without being able to shoot shit.

TheWizard said:

Nice find! It's been a while, but one thing I never understood in Doom, was why are there marines on Mars? Were they at war before the demons? Especially in Doom 3, they're just standing around all over the place. I hope in this one they explain that a bit better.

If I remember correctly the first Doom 3 novel explains the presence of the marine force there.