Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

Full body armor sucks

I just want a SW game to follow the traditional Duke-esque gameplay with great level design and enemy placement and not half-arsed locked arenas and slaughterish gameplay. :/

Doominator2 said:

No, we are not going to have a game with an old Asian man who is reminded of Hiroshima when he sees an explosion and who talks about his penis in 2015.

Why not? That sounds hilarious. I don't see why something should be PC just because a lot of people might see it.

Tritnew said:

So, by Your logic In a way these kinda Characters who do One-Liners and references aren't good enough for 2015? I mean, If You follow that they should stay In the past. :| The only thing that would be better Is If they added In better and more clever jokes.

No, I actually would love to see a reboot with these qualities. However we are not in the 90s anymore, remember when shadow warrior came out in 97, and there were people labeling it as racist? Well in this day and age it could be even worse, the Asian community could outrage or Fox news could exaggerated the content and state its an attack on Asians. I dont think any big name publisher would want to publish something anything even a little risky in these times.

Doominator2 said:

No, I actually would love to see a reboot with these qualities. However we are not in the 90s anymore, remember when shadow warrior came out in 97, and there were people labeling it as racist? Well in this day and age it could be even worse, the Asian community could outrage or Fox news could exaggerated the content and state its an attack on Asians. I dont think any big name publisher would want to publish something anything even a little risky in these times.

Well, That'd sort of mean Duke Nukem would be attacked as well. The only one that would be safe Is Caleb from Blood.

Tritnew said:

Well, That'd sort of mean Duke Nukem would be attacked as well. The only one that would be safe Is Caleb from Blood.

And the drunk from Redneck Rampage :D

quakke said:

And the drunk from Redneck Rampage :D

Hmm, I really don't think so. I'm sure even Texans would be offended. xD; Either way, Duke would be a easy target with Feminist, but even DOOM got attacked so It won't be a big deal for these characters at all.

Tritnew said:

Feminist

What really is wrong with them? You don't like the game - don't play it. You don't like how men/women are depicted in games - make your own games with your own vision. Bragging about the industry with no effort to make something yourself is stupid.

There is a difference in being offended by someone directly or being offended by a product you could simply ignore. The latter is ridiculous.

I dunno, man. If I was a woman, I would be pretty embarrassed that my gender is frequently represented in gaming as useless, a means to an end, devoid of personality, overly sexualized, etc. See, as a man I don't have to think about that. The men in games are generally badasses.

Maybe one way to get more good female characters in gaming is to quit nitpicking all the existing ones. It's no wonder females aren't represented often when the ones that exist are picked apart by SJW's because it doesn't match up to their standard of how women are supposed to be. If that woman is sexy or flawed in any possible way, you can expect a protest and threats of boycott to be attached. It's a clear double standard and ones that these so called women's rights groups themselves are actually perpetuating.

MetroidJunkie said:

Maybe one way to get more good female characters in gaming is to quit nitpicking all the existing ones. It's no wonder females aren't represented often when the ones that exist are picked apart by SJW's because it doesn't match up to their standard of how women are supposed to be. If that woman is sexy or flawed in any possible way, you can expect a protest and threats of boycott to be attached. It's a clear double standard and ones that these so called women's rights groups themselves are actually perpetuating.

...but if you don't criticize a character and say what's wrong with it, how are they going to be improved upon? ._.

But I guess it doesn't really matter. Doom is generally a sausage fest and frankly I'm kind of okay with that. Doom was never much about characters, it's simply about killing demons. And I think we can all get behind that. <3

So then be fair and criticize male characters just as much then? If a female character breaks down in tears, everyone calls it oppressive of female characters but, if a male character acts like a little emo through the whole game, then that's a completely different ballpark isn't it? Also, there's a difference between criticism and "She showed weakness! Her character is ruined forever! I hate you!"

Not ALL Feminist are bad, It's just some that give them a extremely bad name, Antia for example. I mean, I'd be one of those Females that see a Woman In distress In a game and go "Eh", It's been that way since Super Mario Bros., I could handle It because It's just a fucking Video Game. There's other stuff to focus on IRL then there Is about Females characters In a Video Game, I support Feminist but not those who go blaming a game because of It's violence when they don't stick with the fact that the Character In DOOM Isn't Female, THEN It would make perfect fucking sense. I think the only way Duke would work out Is having a strong Female Sidekick, kinda like Bombshell. But Hey, Isn't a Feminist suppose to be EQUAL to Men as well? That just gives You a moment of mind fuck and tells You "Jesus Christ, I don't know about these People.", It's most Feminist that give their SELFS a bad name.

And nearly every video game male hero is fit and handsome. I have to write a blog about how this is an unrealistic depiction of men and offends my beer belly.

Jokes aside I agree that not all feminists are annoying. I respect strong women and besides they are not that easily offended by trivial things. I am pro equality but I am against those who want to be more equal than others.

I am sorry I don't know English that well, is there an idiom like "race card" but feminism-related? You know what I mean.

Doominator2 said:

There actually was some of that with the new Shadow Warrior, just in a different manner. A lot of previews and reviews I found praised the game for not having the original's "racism", completely ignoring that the jokes made fun of Asian stereotypes from kung fu films and the like, not Asians themselves. Beyond that, Lo Wang was a crazy, dirty, badass old man through and through, and I don't think there's any other game protagonist quite like that.
Granted, those reviews all just seemed to be jumping on the "GUYS LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE I THINK I AM LOVE ME LOVE ME PLEASE!" bandwagon.

Tritnew said:

I think the only way Duke would work out Is having a strong Female Sidekick, kinda like Bombshell.

I was hoping they'd do that with Dr. Valencia in The Doctor Who Cloned Me, DNF's single player DLC. But nope, we got Dylan, who apparently wasn't annoying enough in the main campaign.

Janus3003 said:

I was hoping they'd do that with Dr. Valencia in The Doctor Who Cloned Me, DNF's single player DLC. But nope, we got Dylan, who apparently wasn't annoying enough in the main campaign.

Yeah, I know. I feel they wanted to give You a big "FUCK YOU" and decided to have that annoying scumbag be your "Sidekick". It sort of ruined most of the campaign for Me.

Linguica said:

How did a thread about body armor start talking about those dastardly feminists?

I do not know, but let's go back to the topic of Body Armor: I actually like the Idea of the Body Armor, It'd make sense If his Armor slowly starts getting broken or teared apart and He starts looking a bit like the original Marine (could explain Why He looks that way In the originals), that or they can do a Player Model for the Marine that'll give Him his original armor.