Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dittohead

Intergrated Lump Editor

Nothing too extravagant - something akin to the one that comes with deepsea. I love using DoomBuilder and the only reason I even use deepsea is for it's easy-to-use lump editing program which I think is far easier for basic editing than xwe.

I know you've stated in the past that doombuilder is a level editor only, but I think this would be a great little utility to add and would only increase DB's already growing popularity.

Not a chance. This is a map editor, not a WAD editor. If it is not specifically related to one map only, it does not belong in Doom Builder. With the exception for reading information that can be used in the map ofcourse (Textures, Flats, DECORATE, etc).

Meh. More work than it's worth.
Despite the bugs, wintex does the job just fine.
And never make a suggestion to make DB more like deepshit ever again.

Oh and I hope you were kidding codeimp...

I was not kidding, not in this topic at least.
Bloodshedder: I dont see what usefull info DB could read from that lump to use during editing. DB doesnt make sounds.

CodeImp said:

DB doesnt make sounds.

I thank god for that everytime someone mentions deepsea.

Jehar said:

I thank god for that everytime someone mentions deepsea.

LOL.

First of all, that "feature" came from DEU (AKA DETH,ZETH).

Second of all, since everyone is different, as in DEU you can turn off all sounds: F5 - Sound.

Most users like it though because it give you positive sound feedback when objects are selected making it easier to concentrate on what you are going to do vs "did it select yet?". That was the reason it was done in DEU :)

How about a generic TEXT editor that could be fine tuned for DECORATE lump with a DECORATE config file and would be fine tuned for TERRAIN lump with the TERRAIN config file and so on...

This way it would be usable for any type of TEXT-based lumps out there, even the future ones...

This is already a feature, though not integrated into DB.
its called... NOTEPAD