Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solarsnowfall

Small incriments suck in DB!!!

Ack! Trying to edit in 2 unit incriments is really quirky in DB. Verteces connect that aren't supposed to, move a vertex and a sector will collapse on itself, lines lose their identities, flip, or swap front and back identities, and all kinds of wierd stuff. Turning off vertex stitching fixes some of this, that is unless stitching verteces is what you need to do!!! Is there away to adjust the tollerance so that it only stitches verteces that are actually touching eachother?

I find that if I create a sector thats like 2x2 and it disappears, I can just go to the edit menu and select 'Undo stitch vertices'. Just don't do this for any occasion you want the vertices to be stitched.

The smallest, yet most useable, unit increment is 4. Or at least that's what I've found to be the case.

http://www.geocities.com/scottishwarrior82/aaargh.jpg

a screen shot of the shiz i've been trying to work with. The structure is a sort of support/pillar with a spheriod top to it and a backing. Do anything, ANYTHING to move it or adjust any aspect of it's position(including placing it after copying) with vertex stitch on removes half the sectors. You can undo it, and figure out a way to manipulate it, and lines will cross and connect to verteces farther away than the ones your trying to connect them with. And I constantly get the problem of having to change the line sector numbers because they get screwed up; lines will disapear, go one sided, flip (with or with out changing the sidedefs)way too much. You have to scale everything up, then connect all the lines and verteces, then reduce it to the size you need. A big pain.

I've had this problem before, and the auto-stitch distance doesn't seem to factor into it (nor does turning auto-stitch off altogether). Oddly, auto-stitch functions fine elsewhere (like moving a vertice onto another vertice) but when making a new sector and placing a vertice too close to a line, it stitches them whether auto-stitch is on or not.

*dead topic*

if it gets stitched and you didn't want it to, aou can ctrl-Z to make it unstitch without getting rid of the line too