Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomisfun

Wrong Textures. Please Help Me!

I have some experience making wads, but am new to doom builder and having some difficulty. The problem I am having is that after I go into 3d mode and choose textures for my walls, then test the map in zdoom, some of the textures I chose are the wrong textures. I am using the doom2.wad textures if that means anything. If anyone has any input or possible solutions to my problem your response would be greatly appreciated.

maybe, doom builder somehow confused doom2 textures with doom1 ones. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just an idiot who doesnt know anything.

no the doom1.wad is not configured for doom2, but doom1 textures (when I am editing for doom1) work fine. To specify my problem further when I use some (not all of them give wrong textures) textures like the large marble baron face turns into the sandstone looking texture; the ghoulish laughing faces turn into a door texture and one of the grating textures turns into the slime waterfall. All of my textures look fine when I am editing in 3d mode but when I test it some (maybe one third) are switched on me making my level look like crap. I am editing in zdoom doom in doom format if that means anything, and am testing the map with zdoom.

I had a problem like this. Turns out I was testing the map with ZDoom using the Doom 2 IWAD by accident, when I was making a Doom 1 map. ZDoom replaces the missing textures (with a seemingly semi-random replacement) automatically.