Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sausage

Doombuilder and Windows Vista

Does anybody have any possible way of making DoomBuilder stable to use on Windows Vista? It's bugging me that it crashed alot, and doesnt like to save maps properly, or even keep the preferences... It sucks.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

I havent got a legal serial code that is still valid, and i dont want to turn to being illegal in this particular case. Just going to try out the compatibility mode thing now, but im sure i already tried...

It's still unstable... I cant change preferences if i have a new map or existing map open, Only before a map's open. thanks anyways John!

sausage said:

Does anybody have any possible way of making DoomBuilder stable to use on Windows Vista?

Can billy gates make Windows Vista stable?
Use XP... Nuff said. I have to say that Vista was another way to force pc gamers to consoles, which I fucking hate, they should make vista compatible for older shit...

exl said:

How's about checking the Doom Builder subforum here at Doomworld. Specifically, this thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-builder/40183-using-doom-builder-1-68-on-windows-vista/

Thanks, But it didnt work, Ill browse around tomorrow.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Can billy gates make Windows Vista stable?
Use XP... Nuff said. I have to say that Vista was another way to force pc gamers to consoles, which I fucking hate, they should make vista compatible for older shit...

Uh, Billy doesnt really do anything anymore, But i cold only get this laptop with Vista, and as already mentioned, not going to illegally install XP, The serial i have's been used 298442 times, making it invalid now... Also, Most games work fine, so i'm not porting to consoles for most games, as you cant customize these.
And all PC Games that ive tried work Well, Except Heroes of might and magic 5, which doesnt even work at all; Ignoring that, it seems that all mapping utilities are screwed, like GTKRadiant, for Q3A mapping doesnt work... :(

Thanks anyways.