Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Doom builder 2 won't start on any of my PC's

Ok, i just downloaded Doom Builder 2. After installing it on my PC that uses Xp i started it up. But it did not start, instead i got a error saying "doom builder has encountered an error and needs to close" or something like that.

Then i decided too install it on my laptop that uses Vista to see if i had any luck there. But nope, again doom builder did not start and i just got a message saying "doom builder has stopped working" or something of that sort. Then i contacted a friend of mine on MSN who also downloaded Doom builder 2 and he said he had the same problem. Considering all of the things i have just mentioned i think it is pretty safe to assume that this has to be some sort of a bug in Doom builder 2. And before you ask yes i do have NET.framework 3.5 like you can see here:

Is anybody else besides me and my friend dealing with this? Is this indeed a bug in Doom Builder 2? And if so when will it be fixed?

Surprisingly Doom Builder 1 didn't work on my top comps but Doom Builder 2 works like a charm.

If you question, i'll answer:
Vista Home Premium
x64-Bit OS
6gb RAM
500gb HD
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20ghz
HP Desktop

It works as I said on this one, what is ALL of your comp specs? An has EVERYTHING been updated?

An btw, I am not using SlimDX or w/e it is, I have highest DirectX thats out.

I have no idea hardcore_gamer, sorry. The setup installation from my website should install all that is needed without problems. I have made sure by testing it several times on Vista (also total clean OS installations which didn't even have .NET, SlimDX or the latest DirectX). Any sort of virusscanner or other software that could have interfered with the setup installation?

CodeImp said:

I have no idea hardcore_gamer, sorry. The setup installation from my website should install all that is needed without problems. I have made sure by testing it several times on Vista (also total clean OS installations which didn't even have .NET, SlimDX or the latest DirectX). Any sort of virusscanner or other software that could have interfered with the setup installation?

Ok, i got Doom Builder 2 working on my laptop that uses vista by installing Doom builder 2 on the C drive instead of installing it to c/program files like i did first and for some reason i can run Doom Builder 2 now. BUT this did not work on my Xp :(

For some reason Doom builder 2 just won't start on my xp. I just get the error i described in my above posts :(

PaganRaven said:

You also need SlimDK and directX 9 or 10.

Don't those things come with the installer/download?

For some reason, DB 2 doesn't do Xp, instead it's just the opposite, it's meant for Vista like DB 1 is for Xp, make perfect sence, no?