Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Wish DB2 could have fixed this...

I've always wanted to be able to copy paste sectors/groups of sectors and prevent lines that are originally impassible/one-sided linedefs turn double sided and cause leaks in the map.

I've been getting around this by deleting the entire area that the pasted sector will inhabit, but it's still annoying.

KennyJC said:

I've always wanted to be able to copy paste sectors/groups of sectors and prevent lines that are originally impassible/one-sided linedefs turn double sided and cause leaks in the map.

I've been getting around this by deleting the entire area that the pasted sector will inhabit, but it's still annoying.

I thought this was only me, glad to see it's a common problem.

Not that common. I have not heard anyone else about this "major issue". Perhaps you could provide some steps to reproduce, with an example map? Because it is not obvious to me from your description.

Make a sector near a wall, then copy and paste it on another part of the same wall. You'll notice that the wall becomes passable double-sided.

I get this whenever I try to copy something to a wall with onesided textures. So the 1sided walls will merge into a 2sided and I have to go and fix it up after.
In DB as well as DB2.

EDIT that should be pretty easy to fix. By not having onesided linedefs collapse into a 2s if both of the onesided linedefs are facing the same direction.

I wondered about this myself (I think it does the same in the old Doom Builder). I wasn't sure if it was a bug or intended behavior though. It is very easy to reproduce though. The picture Creaphis posted shows that very well.