Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > Texture offsets

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

I know this issue has come up before, but I never found a solution on this board. Doom builder 1 and 2 3D mode shows the incorrect texture offset with high-res textures, making it very difficult to align textures or use autolaign. I have a map that has a lot of high-res textures, plus the most recent version of GZDoom seems to take longer to launch now, making it a real pain in my ass to have to launch GZDoom to check my alignment every time I add something new to my map. Does anyone know of a way to correct this?

Old Post 12-26-09 19:24 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
andrewj

I would've thought hi-res replacement textures would use offsets in a compatible way to their lo-res versions (e.g. if the texture is 4 times bigger, each unit of offset would move 4 pixels).

If that's the case, then you could just map with the lo-res versions.

Old Post 12-27-09 03:18 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

The problem is that I'm using GZDoom, so there's no real need to have a low-res equivalent in the pk3.

Old Post 12-27-09 06:35 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote