Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > Node building behavior

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
myk
volveré y seré millones

See here. Doom Builder should either not touch the lumps the node builder works on or should intelligently know whether they need to be changed, or else you can't make mere cosmetic, thing or line-type changes without potentially altering the structural data (this will affect demos and online consistency) or wiping it out (most engines can't even deal with maps without the data).

Old Post 02-08-10 17:00 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

So it still alters the lumps even with the node builder turned off? (it never builds nodes for me when I use it for changing properties that WA can't do)

Edit: now I think of it, I have been getting "seg 0 references a nonexistant vertex, the bsp will be rebuilt" errors on various maps recently...and I have been using DB to set the "monster activates" flag on doors. And rebuilding nodes in WA fixes it.

Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on 02-09-10 at 00:02

Old Post 02-08-10 23:53 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

According to my limited experience with it, yes. It'll delete the old nodes lumps if told to not use a node builder.

Old Post 02-08-10 23:58 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote