Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > Textures in Place, Double Sided, yet invisible..

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
OverlordRhode
Warming Up

I have a wall currently on my map that, from one side, the texture choosen for it is correct, though it for some reason is using the 'upper' side def, instead of the middle where most wall textures go.

When this wall is viewed from the other side, you can see right through it, even though I've tried placing a texture in upper, middle, and lower.

I have double-sided checked in the properties, so I'm not sure really why I would not be able to see my texture there, or at least the red texture that says your texture is missing.

Ideas?

Old Post 05-06-10 00:14 #
OverlordRhode is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
OverlordRhode
Warming Up

Might I add, the wall you can view is inside a normal room, and outside, where I have the wall and ceiling height the same, is where you can't see the wall. But since the wall still has a back, I don't see why you would not be able to see the back side texture.

Old Post 05-06-10 00:22 #
OverlordRhode is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Can you upload the map (or the portion of the map that is giving you the problem) somewhere?

Old Post 05-06-10 05:29 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
OverlordRhode
Warming Up

What's the best way to have it hosted or uploaded somewhere?

Old Post 05-06-10 06:01 #
magicsofa

learn how to use google

search for "file upload" or "file host"

Old Post 05-06-10 06:09 #
magicsofa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
OverlordRhode
Warming Up

http://www.2shared.com/file/_87CJU6O/plaza.html

Edit: Gez, thanks. I saved the link. In the future i'll be using that site. Thanks. (:

Old Post 05-06-10 06:15 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Edit: Meh, late.

Old Post 05-06-10 06:15 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Your sectors have the same values for floor and ceiling heights.

Old Post 05-06-10 17:07 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
OverlordRhode
Warming Up

It's meant to, the outside area, that way it's just a floor. That's how I've read you make an outside area is have the same floor and ceiling height values.

Old Post 05-06-10 17:09 #
boris
meow

You're doing it wrong. But that's not a DB specific topic, so go to the editing forum and someone will help you out.

Old Post 05-06-10 22:32 #