Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > what's the sector limit?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kittytaymar
Warming Up

When I tried to open my SLIGE-generated monster level in doombuilder 1.68, it just froze on me. The final doom engine plays it after a long wait, but doombuilder doesn't want to know. It has 8,734 sectors and 8,108 things. What's doombuilder s limit for maps?

Old Post 05-12-10 02:46 #
kittytaymar is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't know of any sector limits in Doom Builder. If you can get the DOS or Doom95 engine to run your map it's more likely a case of DB 1.68 being unable to reconcile the errors, which you can expect to find plenty of in a large SLIGE map.

Old Post 05-12-10 05:24 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WTG
Warming Up

Maybe because there are so many things & sectors, it causes your game to lag so badly that it froze. It reminds me of one decorate item I made, I put that health item in the map and it froze completely.

Old Post 06-21-10 17:49 #
WTG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

You probably made a zero-length infinite loop somewhere. Something like this:
code:
Actor blah : blah { Blah properties blah States { Spawn: BLAH A 0 Loop } }

You make a zero-length infinite loop. The engine will never stop changing this actor's state to the next in the same tic, so it never gets to process the rest of the actors. The game effectively freezes.

Old Post 06-21-10 18:54 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
magicsofa

...As GreyGhost makes a concise answer, WTG and Gez arrive to take a huge dump.

Old Post 06-22-10 04:31 #
magicsofa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

SLIGE? That old rusty RMG? Try Oblige

And yes, I am sure DB should handle a generated map of that size.

Old Post 06-22-10 16:11 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote