Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > round sector creating

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
enkeli33
Warming Up

Is possible to creat a round sector in DB2? In DB1 i just hold "ctrl" then "insert" and i could setting up, how mutch big the round sector will be and how many verticles there will be... but i doesn't work in DB2 actually.... Or i dont know how at least...

Sorry for my bed english...

Old Post 05-24-10 14:33 #
enkeli33 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

A circle drawing plugin was presented at the DB2 development forum a couple days ago: http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/v...c.php?f=9&t=371

Old Post 05-24-10 16:47 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
enkeli33
Warming Up

boris said:
A circle drawing plugin was presented at the DB2 development forum a couple days ago: http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/v...c.php?f=9&t=371

Has that raleased yet?

Old Post 05-24-10 17:01 #
enkeli33 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Yes, it's an attachment in the first post. You'll have to register at that forum to download it though, I think.

Old Post 05-24-10 17:22 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pming

Hiya.

Make a square. Select two opposite lifedef's. Use the "Curve" tool on them, using "Fixed Circular Curve" with an Agle of 180. Select one side of the sector (one "curved side"), using Vertex selection...move that selection of vertexis over until they connect with the other curved side. Voila! A circular sector.

http://myimgs.net/images/buyp.jpg

EDIT: Oh, I guess I should mention you need the "Curve Linedef" plugin. You can find it somewhere on the Doombuilder forums.

Paul L. Ming, a.k.a., The_Hierarch on some other boards.

Last edited by pming on 05-24-10 at 17:48

Old Post 05-24-10 17:41 #
pming is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
enkeli33
Warming Up

boris said:
Yes, it's an attachment in the first post. You'll have to register at that forum to download it though, I think.

Can you sent me this plugin to my mail? I wouldn't to register for only ONE download?

pming: Good Idea :)

Old Post 05-24-10 17:50 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

pming said:
EDIT: Oh, I guess I should mention you need the "Curve Linedef" plugin. You can find it somewhere on the Doombuilder forums.

Unless something's changed recently, Curve Linedef is included in Doom Builder 2. You don't have to get it separately. Just select the lines and press shift-C.

Old Post 05-25-10 02:16 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pming

Hiya.

Curve Linedef...yeah, it is "natively" in DB2. I'm a new commer to DB (having been a bought and paid for WadAuthor guy for years and years and years). I'm really liking DB2! :) I do miss some of the 'automation' of WadAuthor ("make stairs", "make door", "make linedefs parallel" and "set linedef length" being my faves), but I'm starting to get into the flow of things.

Paul L. Ming, a.k.a., The_Hierarch on some other boards.

Old Post 05-25-10 08:08 #
pming is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Swec

Very easy to make a curved wall.

Just make a line and then press the bouttom and set the parameters and then you are done.

http://pici.se/pictures/eVpBhIOHf.jpg

Old Post 05-30-10 19:48 #
Swec is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote