Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Builder > Large map not building nodes

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AshessehsA

Hello all,

I've recently started mapping maps in Doom Builder, and have been working on my second one. I'm currently using all Doom 2 sources, which isn't really relevant to my problem...

It's like this; the map is pretty large (7002 sidedefs, 1582 things), and when I try and save it, the lower bar remains forever stuck on "building map nodes...". I'm guessing the map is too large, and wonder if perhaps Zen Nodes is the problem and an alternative to it is the answer.

At any rate, this problem is stressing me out! I've put plenty of hours of work into this map, and I would hate to see it's progress stopped short as a result of being too large!

Edit: Ah, yes, and I forgot to mention--I am using Zdoom, if that has any bearing on the situation.

Old Post 06-20-10 21:05 #
AshessehsA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

7002 sidedefs ins't large at all. Did you actually try a different nodebuilder? Can you provide a download link for your map?

Old Post 06-20-10 23:40 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AshessehsA

I haven't tried a new node builder (I don't know where to start, though I'm sure some trial and error might figure it out). Here is a link with the wad in question:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k3dmmdyyytw

The player 1 start is meant to be in the house with the other three; I can't save it without it getting stuck so I can't put the first player start back D :

Old Post 06-21-10 01:30 #
AshessehsA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AshessehsA

Aha!

I used a different node builder and it did indeed work just fine. Now I feel silly for having made a thread about it. Thanks anyway!

Old Post 06-21-10 04:09 #
boris
meow

Building nodes with ZenNodes works fir for me on that map.

Old Post 06-21-10 16:13 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AshessehsA

Hurmm. Might it also be that my laptop isn't terribly powerful? Who knows.

Old Post 06-21-10 19:13 #
boris
meow

It shouldn't hang, even if it takes long. How long did you wait until you decided that something isn't ok? Saving the map takes about 3-4 seconds on my i5 750.

Old Post 06-21-10 20:11 #
AshessehsA

Welll, I let it alone to build for around 30 minutes before I decided something was wrong.

Old Post 06-22-10 03:46 #