Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Help/Sparks

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
White
Green Marine

How can I create the spark effect used in ZDoom in coordination with a sound file? I have imported the sound from the original Quake but I am naive to the extent on how to use them together. I am unable to get sparks to appear on the screen at all. Thank you for your time.

Black/White

Old Post 10-02-02 23:03 #
White is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

do you know how to script?

Old Post 10-02-02 23:34 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

You need to put the spark "thing" in the map with your favorite editor. Give it a tag number. Set its Z coordinate for height. Then, activate the sparks by script. A good script to use is one which activates the spark thing at random intervals. For example,

script 502 open
{
delay (random(const:10,35*3));
Thing_Activate (4);
restart;
}

This script will activate the spark thing tagged 4 at random intervals, between 10/35 of a second and 3 seconds.

Old Post 10-03-02 00:43 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I draw blanks in scripting.
One day I will learn.
Noone understands me.
One day I will learn.
Oh well.
Don't mind me, my day sucked.

Old Post 10-03-02 03:17 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

White said:
How can I create the spark effect used in ZDoom in coordination with a sound file? I have imported the sound from the original Quake but I am naive to the extent on how to use them together. I am unable to get sparks to appear on the screen at all. Thank you for your time.

Black/White

You don't actually need the Quake spark sound, as ZDoom already has the Quake 2 one built in. Just follow Biffy's example and it should be fine.

Old Post 10-03-02 11:46 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

You can also set arg1 on the sparks object to tell the object how many spark particles to generate every time it is activated. If you leave it at 0, I think it produces a default number of some sort.

Old Post 10-03-02 20:04 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
White
Green Marine

Thank you all for helping me with my immediate problem. That is, all but Epyo, considering that I fail to see the relevance of his statement considering if I would have known, I probably wouldn't have asked the question. Regardless, I am thankful for your time as it has, in fact, answered my question.

Black/White

Old Post 10-03-02 21:47 #
White is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote