Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Vertical Opening Doors

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
White
Green Marine

How do you make a door that opens vertically (top half opens up, bottom half opens down)? I remember it has something to do with poly-objects but I never bothered with it until now. I also need to know how to incorporate a noise with the opening door. Thank you.

Black/White

Old Post 10-07-02 15:15 #
White is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

No polyobjects necessary. Just raise the ceiling and lower the floor, ect. Here is the tutorial on this one.

http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdkb/zdoom19.html

Old Post 10-07-02 15:49 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Set the floor and the ceiling to the same height. In the case of a (0, 128) passage set both heights to 64. On the door linedefs, put the ACS_Execute special, set the trigger to 'Player uses' and check the repeatable box. Give the sector a tag, then set up the following script:

script 2 (void)

{
Floor_LowerToNearest (tag, speed);
Ceiling_RaiseToNearest (tag, speed);
delay(150);
Floor_RaiseToLowestCeiling (tag, speed);
Ceiling_LowerToHighestFloor (tag, speed);
}

To incorporate a noise into the door, place the desired sound sequence thing into the door sector. (see the ZDoom Reference if you've not done sound sequences before)

(tag and speed you choose yourself, the delay is equal to that on the doors in vanilla DooM. I've not tried this myself, though)

Old Post 10-07-02 16:45 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
White
Green Marine

Thank you again.

Old Post 10-08-02 18:51 #
White is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote