Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > pnames screwed up? WTF?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
VileSlay

well this dm level I'm making with for zdoom, using wadauthor and xwe, was going well. I had added a few textures from gothictx and things went well. I went to make a couple of major revisions and decided to add one more texture. well, for some reason all the pnames got scrambled, not just the ones I added, but the doom2 ones as well. I don't suppose this has happened to anyone else. if it has, does anyone know what could have caused it? if it was an error on my part, I would like to know so as to avoid any such future headaches.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 10-09-02 03:39 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

I've had all the textures screw up in Wintex, usually after copy/pasting a pnames or texture1/2 lump, and they didn't match or something. (I'm not quite sure)

In any case, I now use DeePsea for pnames and texture editing, cos it's so much easier to add new textures.

Old Post 10-09-02 12:21 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

When you add a wall texture, you need to create a new entry with the name "PP_START" and another one named "PP_END". Between them, you put all you wall textures in it. Then you right click on each textures and you "Add to patch name" and "Add to texture". It will create 2 lumps "PNAMES" and "TEXTURE1". If you want to add a texture after all that, just load it and put it between the PP_START and PP_END, right click and add it to the two again.
If it's not a wall texture but a floor/ceiling, it's not PP_START but FF_START and FF_END and you DO NOT add it to the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES.

I think I got your problem once, I managed to fixed it by :
1- Delete all the added textures lumps
2- Open TEXTURE1 and go to all your added texture deleting them with the menu "Textures/Delete" (Just below duplicate) and do "Textures/Save"
3- Open PNAMES and go to the bottom of the list. You should have all your textures name with a number next to it. Delete all your added textures and go to "PatchName/Save"

Now all of your added texture should be deleted from your wad. Just look at the start of my post to know how to insert them. Hope this helps.

Old Post 10-09-02 15:30 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VileSlay

I fixed it. I just copied and pasted the pnames from the doom2 iwad over the the ones that got fucked up. so everything is fine. still don't know what caused it.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 10-09-02 21:48 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote