Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > windows editing

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Y2theJ

Hey y'all. I was hoping someone could tell me what a good map editor is for windows 98?

Old Post 10-10-02 08:05 #
Y2theJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMer 4ever
Forum Regular

Well, I use DoomCad, but I don't believe it's the best, since i haven't heard many people use it. And i haven't used any other so I wouldn't know what is best. But I like DoomCad.

Old Post 10-10-02 08:33 #
DooMer 4ever is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

DEU98 enhanced, get it at cdrom.com

Old Post 10-10-02 08:53 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pming

Hiya.

As always...WadAuthor 1.3 or DeepSea (if you have the money to pay for DeepSea and want to keep paying each year to keep it up to date).

Paul L. Ming, a.k.a., The_Hierarch on some other boards.

Old Post 10-10-02 09:23 #
pming is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Erik

DETH is really cool and runs well under win98 for me.

Old Post 10-10-02 10:47 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMer 4ever
Forum Regular

I downloaded the Wadauthor and it look really good, but I also found out that you should pay for it. Damn. Have you guys that use Wadauthor actually paid for this guy?

Old Post 10-10-02 11:49 #
DooMer 4ever is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

You don't have to pay for WA, when that limit reaches, you can unzip the package again and it will run fine. The only editor that you have to pay for is Deep/Deepsea, THE most powerful editor available.

Old Post 10-10-02 14:55 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Yeah, like darkstalker says, Deepsea is a pretty powerful level editor, and you do have to pay for it, but only when you want to, or when you feel like registering. Until then, go over to the DeeP homepage and have a look at it. :)

Old Post 10-10-02 16:17 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cyrez

I myself use WadAuthorand yes i paid for it since i was promised a free upgrade. which at this point i dought i ever see :/

-
And when he had opened the forth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. (Revelation 6: 7-8)

Old Post 10-10-02 17:20 #
Cyrez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Searcher

Deepsea. Give it a look. No time limit on the trial version. If you like and want to buy it that is a simple thing.

Jack is always around the forums if you have questions.

You DO NOT have to keep paying for it, that is ridiculous. After your first free upgrade you have the OPTION to upgrade at around 20$ when you think the time is right. I have friends that still use Deep 97 and are perfectly happy with it.

take a look
www.sbsoftware.com

Old Post 10-10-02 17:53 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote