Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Putting dehacked patch in a wad

How do you put a dehacked patch in a wad? i know deepsea can do it. But is it possible with wintex? Is it possible with any other editor than deepsea? i know that the regular 1.9 exe cant run wads with patches. i want to put a deh patch in a wad for zdaemon and zdoom.

Imp said:

How do you put a dehacked patch in a wad? i know deepsea can do it

Why not just use DeePSea to do it then? Ugh, I feel dirty now...

Yes with Wintex. Open the wad. Click on the Data button. Go to edit, load entry from file. Type the name of a recognized data lump, you can usually use COLORMAP. Click show all files, browse to your dehacked patch file, select it. Now, select the colormap lump, go to guru, rename entry. Rename it to dehacked. Exit, saving the file.

Now I'm not sure if anyone but me uses this, but I use NWTpro 1.14. I just import *.deh and save it as dehacked. Be sure to import it as a *.raw file tho. Actually easy.

I'm guessing that this post was supposed to be in here, so...

NokturnuS said:
You can do it with Wintex selecting "GURU ONLY" and then New Entry. Then create a resource named "DEHACKED" and load then your .deh o .bex patch (previously you must rename your [yourpath].deh to [anyname].lmp)
Save your wad and then reload. You see you have two DEHACKED entries. It's a weird Wintex bug, but only deleted the first one and save your wad again.

Cya.

That Nokturnus post has wrong information as far as I can tell. See my post above, those steps are exactly how it works for me. You cannot do as Nok says if there is not already a dehacked lump in the wad, Wintex does not recognize the name "dehacked" as valid for a data lump, that's why I said to start with "colormap", then rename.

Also, the information about deleting the FIRST of two dehacked entries is wrong again. With some lumps, Wintex won't overwrite the existing lump but will put a duplicate in the wad, FIRST in the list. It's the SECOND entry you must then delete (the lower one in the list).

Biffy, you're quite the little WinTex guru (pun intended), aren't you? ;)

you can pretty much put anything into a wad with wintex, but it has to be 8 chars or less if you want to find it easily. example...

marvel vs capcom - megaman's stage.ogg
marvel vs capcom - ryu's stage.ogg
marvel vs capcom - jin's stage.ogg

they would show up as marvel~*, or in extreme cases, m32859~1. (replace first five numbers with something random)