Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Can it be done?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cactus
rhymes with Moebius

Hello I am super-noob into doomworld and editing wad.
My question is can a picture like titlepic can be loaded in the whole screen of the player(like in regular doom2 intro)when I want during the wad via script or via dehacked or via something?

It s in order to create a kind of adventure doom game...whith story ,head pic of characters met into the game,introduction etc...

Old Post 10-30-02 18:25 #
cactus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I don't what you mean, please explain more clearly.

Old Post 10-30-02 19:36 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

I don't think I really understand your question, but I'll try and answer it anyway.

You can replace the titlepic and the interpic (picture shown between 2 maps) using NTW.

hope it help, but I'm guessing it didn't. :(

Old Post 10-30-02 19:39 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

I think i know what you mean, like instead of showing the menu when you hit esc..display the entire title pic...or between levels?
please specify

Old Post 10-30-02 19:42 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

No, you can't display graphics directly to the screen from in game, at least not in any source port that I'm aware of.

Old Post 10-30-02 19:42 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

Yes you can, simply press F1; the controls will pop up.
If you replace this picture with another picture (using NWT) you can make this other picture appear at anytime during the game by pressing F1...
...but I really don't see the use in that.

Last edited by Scientist on 10-30-02 at 20:11

Old Post 10-30-02 19:55 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Csabo

Of course you can do this. Set up a camera in a 'separate' sector that looks at a wall so that the wall fills the entire screen. I have done this a few times already - exactly for the same purpose (e.g. something like a cutscene). Because of the camera it requires ZDooM. (I can't believe I'm the first one to think of this - even Fredrik didn't know? ;-)

Old Post 10-30-02 20:54 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

never seen this before... it's quite clever.

Old Post 10-30-02 21:00 #
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Scientist said:
never seen this before... it's quite clever.

Dark7mpk1.zip

Tqtrust.zip

Use www.doomsearch.com to find them. (They are for Zdoom).

Old Post 10-30-02 21:13 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

True, you can do that, but it's quite different from just showing a graphic on the screen. For one thing, it is hack, for another, you don't get the graphic to scale properly, and third, the graphic must cover the entire screen. You can't just add a layered decoration or menu (which I suspect would be useful for certain applications) this way.

The first time I saw that trick was in Tei Tenga btw.

Old Post 10-30-02 21:16 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Fredrik and Csabo: Randy's support for custom fonts in ZDoom covers this quite well. Read up on it in the phorums. It's much more flexible, in that you can have full-screen graphics (or just large ones centered and filling most of the screen) or HUD-like graphic placement.

Old Post 10-30-02 21:57 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Hey, cool. I knew that it was coming, but I didn't know it was in ZDoom yet. Thanks for telling!

Old Post 10-30-02 22:41 #
cactus
rhymes with Moebius

yes i thought at cam effect....
But I didn't think someone have done this before
you re pretty smart,and it proves it can be done!!!
COOL

Old Post 10-30-02 22:43 #
cactus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Fredrik: AFAIK, it was do-able back in b33. Go ye to http://zdoom.notgod.com/examples and download monalisa.zip and be ye enlightened!

Old Post 10-30-02 23:56 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

Little Faith said:

Dark7mpk1.zip

Tqtrust.zip

Use www.doomsearch.com to find them. (They are for Zdoom).

Wow, that stuff is great! Thanks!

Old Post 10-31-02 10:01 #
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

My guess is that Tei Tenga was probably the first to use a camera change pointed at a wall as a cutscene (the shuttle flying sequence). Anyone think of anything earlier?

Old Post 10-31-02 18:10 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

AFAIK, Tei Tenga was the first wad to use this camera-cut-scene thing.

Old Post 10-31-02 18:37 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ReX

Yes, Tei Tenga was a ground-breaking wad set.

Old Post 11-01-02 03:10 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Quasar

Fredrik said:
No, you can't display graphics directly to the screen from in game, at least not in any source port that I'm aware of.

Eternity had this ability under FraggleScript and will soon have it again under Small. I just have to rewrite the system slightly to work with the new language. And when I do that, I'm going to redesign the way it works altogether, to make it better.

Among the things I am contemplating adding are automatically formatted dialog boxes, and status-bar-font number widgets. The latter will be especially useful for creating totally scripted player stats that need to be shown on the screen.

Old Post 11-01-02 18:32 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote