Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Trouble with DCK

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Hey I can't get Dck working on my system, I tried the readme file but...i have Doom 95 if that helps any cause Z-Doom or J-doom won't work either and i've used j-doom before. With dos doom
\
My error is "This DMI32 module cannot be run on win32".

Old Post 11-02-02 17:17 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

DCK won't run in windows. You'll have to load it in pure DOS.

Old Post 11-02-02 17:48 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Forgive me but, how do i do that, it's beeen a long time since I used DOS

Old Post 11-02-02 18:42 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

First, hit the Start button, then go to Shut Down, and then select Restart in MS-DOS mode. Once you're in DOS, type:

cd\dck

Then you should see this:

c:\dck>

Then just type:

dck

And it should start up. Just make sure your mouse works in DOS mode, or DCK will have a fit and shut itself down. A good test is to attempt to play Doom in DOS mode. If your mouse works there, it will work for DCK.

Old Post 11-02-02 19:03 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

ok, sorry i figured it out but then after it searches for doom 1, it encounters an ilegal address and bails out.

Old Post 11-02-02 19:09 #
Ichor

That's odd... I haven't heard of that one before. Just out of curiousity, what DCK version are you using?

Old Post 11-02-02 19:14 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Old Post 11-02-02 19:41 #
Ichor

I haven't had any problems with that version, but you might want to try version 3.62. Maybe that one will work.

Old Post 11-02-02 20:01 #
Archaeo

I am using windows XP and it doesnít have the option to restart in DOS mode and on my other computer I needed a dos mouse driver and on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so. In my opinion DCK is the easiest level editor out there. Its about time it or one like it was made for newer computers. =)

Old Post 11-06-02 09:14 #
Archaeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Archaeo said:
...on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so..)
LOL, that's pretty funny. However, in defense of Ben, the issue is with your system somehow - not DCK (assuming you are running in pure DOS, since it won't work in Windows).

You can try DeePsea ( www.sbsoftware.com ) and see what you think:)

Old Post 11-06-02 15:48 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Archaeo said:
I am using windows XP and it doesnít have the option to restart in DOS mode and on my other computer I needed a dos mouse driver and on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so. In my opinion DCK is the easiest level editor out there. Its about time it or one like it was made for newer computers. =)

I hate XP...it's cartoony

Old Post 11-06-02 18:51 #
deep
as in Deepsea

Xanthier said:
I hate XP...it's cartoony
Geez, you can make it look just like Windows98 (just a few clicks) and a billion different skins for that matter to suit literally anyone. I know some that have choosen a MAC interface - not me though:)

It's AWESOME.

Old Post 11-06-02 20:38 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archaeo

deep said:
Geez, you can make it look just like Windows98 (just a few clicks) and a billion different skins for that matter to suit literally anyone. I know some that have choosen a MAC interface - not me though:)

It's AWESOME.

I second that. My XP desktop is not cartoony at all. Its actually kind of scary.;)

Old Post 11-09-02 07:19 #
Archaeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote