Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > adding weapon frames

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:35. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cactus
rhymes with Moebius

Can I add frames to weapon?I mean not only change the frames of weapons but have more than 4 frames for a weapon?By the way how to do that whith wintex?Dehacked(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

Old Post 11-03-02 19:23 #
cactus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

If you want to add to the number of frames a weapon uses, then you'll need to use dehacked (for most source ports), or a source port that allows you to define your weapons from scratch (eg EDGE).

WinTex is used to modify/edit the lumps of data that are in a wad file, but it does not affect how the game actually operates. So you cannot use wintex to make doom use more frames for a weapon, but you could use it to insert the pictures you wanted your weapon to use. (And then use dehacked to make doom use them.)

cactus said:
(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

I don't understand what you mean here. Please explain. It may be a problem that can be solved.

Old Post 11-04-02 17:42 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cactus
rhymes with Moebius

don t mistake.
Dehacked is working fine it was my error

Old Post 11-04-02 18:11 #
cactus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Archaeo

cactus said:
Can I add frames to weapon?I mean not only change the frames of weapons but have more than 4 frames for a weapon?By the way how to do that whith wintex?Dehacked(i can t run dehacked because of path config)

Dehacked is the only way that I can think of adding frames to your weapons. You can use the two unused frames from the pistol or you can just use a frame from something else. Just remember to compensate for the new loop you make for your weapon. For example: If you use a frame from the exploding barrel for your weapon just make sure you change the frames that the barrel wants to use. If you did not understand that, than I cant help you.

Old Post 11-06-02 09:03 #
Archaeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote