Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Problem with Doors

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I'm making an E1M7 replacer, and in the hallways of the level, I have put a door. The door looks normal on both sides, and it has an upper texture on both sidedefs. The first side of the door opens up just fine, but the other side does not, despite the fact that it has a OpenDoor thingy just like the other side of the door. BTW, I'm using ZDoomHexen.

Old Post 11-03-02 21:16 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Did you make sure the other trigger is 'Player uses' and the repeatable box is checked? (I sometimes forget to do that)

Also, if you're using Door_Open, the door opens and stays open. Make sure you use Door_Raise (0, 16, 150) on each sidedef to make it close again. (if you weren't already doing so)

Old Post 11-03-02 21:49 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Ultimate DooMer said:
Did you make sure the other trigger is 'Player uses' and the repeatable box is checked? (I sometimes forget to do that)

Also, if you're using Door_Open, the door opens and stays open. Make sure you use Door_Raise (0, 16, 150) on each sidedef to make it close again. (if you weren't already doing so)

what editor are you using?

Old Post 11-04-02 20:26 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Torn said:

what editor are you using?

WA.

(oops, I should have thought about that. I don't know if DooMBoy's using WA or DeePsea...)

Old Post 11-04-02 23:24 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I use Deepsea and the problem is still there...

Old Post 11-05-02 00:11 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

I'd go with Ultimate DooMer's suggestion of the activation type being wrong, or possibly the door not being set to repeatable (but only if you had managed to use it once from the side in question).

Both these mistakes are easy to make in ZdoomHexen mode rather than in old fashioned doom mode. In ZdoomHexen mode you have the option of setting any line to be activated by any of the possible activation types (crossing, using, shooting, pushing etc) and any line can be set to be repeatable or not. In the old doom format activation type and repeatability were tied in with the line type with no additional flexibility.

Although, if you used the DeePsea door making tool in the misc menu, it should all be set up for you as a standard repeatable door. Why not just select the door sector and use the make door from sector option? That'll probably fix it.

Old Post 11-05-02 22:37 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote