Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Finally...Muwahahaha

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Well I begin mapping, and i couldn't be happier, I will start with an E1 style level that i posted on general first...let you know when it's finished!

Old Post 11-04-02 17:26 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Yay hooray!

Old Post 11-04-02 17:40 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

DooMBoy said:
Yay hooray!

Now that you say that...You must playtest! HA!
unless your really don't want to...

Old Post 11-04-02 19:47 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

well, you can send it to me... if you want. I like to test it and give you input on errors, so you can get better to mapping. :)

my email is in my profile. (I don't hope it is too big, my email is getting full quick)

Old Post 11-04-02 20:24 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

What editor did you finally end up using?

Old Post 11-04-02 23:16 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Ok now what?

WEll Ichor, I started using WAdauthor, I actually plan to try both so i can decide which i prefer...make sense?

But as of now i tried to run my level and i got this "error: could not change directory"

I just know it's a stupid mistake on my part...any feedback?

I will do that TOrn and i'll download your AM I'm sure it will demonstrate your mapping authority skills :)

Old Post 11-05-02 06:41 #
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

If or when you care for some play testers, DOOM Anomaly is open for testing 16 hours a day, so dont be shy, you only have your sanity and pride to lose.

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 11-05-02 06:55 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

DOOM Anomaly said:
If or when you care for some play testers, DOOM Anomaly is open for testing 16 hours a day, so dont be shy, you only have your sanity and pride to lose.

Thanks Anom, I'll remember you.

Hey Torn just finished your level, very nice...like a hand carved sculpture...good architecture...and lots of monsters, and well preserved the original theme...lotta ammo too but i played it on the default so maybe that's why i was never shorted, anyway my skills are coming back already only died once on it and finally i began dodging hellknights fire smooth and methodically.....It is time to Doom once more...Oh yea it is!!!

Edit: Holy Crap it was ahem, *cough,cough* I'm too yougn to dier,(muffled)..ahem! how embarrassing, I will go and play it on a worthy skill level...damn!

Last edited by Xanthier on 11-05-02 at 07:50

Old Post 11-05-02 07:20 #
Lightning Hunter
Ashamed Promoter

Make sure you send your finished map to me Xanthier :) If it's good and if you feel up to it, you can join the Hell's Curse project.

Old Post 11-05-02 08:05 #
Lightning Hunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Xanthier said:

Thanks Anom, I'll remember you.

Hey Torn just finished your level, very nice...like a hand carved sculpture...good architecture...and lots of monsters, and well preserved the original theme...lotta ammo too but i played it on the default so maybe that's why i was never shorted, anyway my skills are coming back already only died once on it and finally i began dodging hellknights fire smooth and methodically.....It is time to Doom once more...Oh yea it is!!!

Edit: Holy Crap it was ahem, *cough,cough* I'm too yougn to dier,(muffled)..ahem! how embarrassing, I will go and play it on a worthy skill level...damn!

Heh, play on skill 3 or 4, Because i made it most for these skills. I have never seen someone play skill 1. :P

Well, Thanks for testing. I know it is a short level and maybe too many monsters on some places. Atm I am working on a map for community chest map24. :)

Old Post 11-05-02 13:26 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Torn said:

Heh, play on skill 3 or 4, Because i made it most for these skills. I have never seen someone play skill 1. :P

Well, Thanks for testing. I know it is a short level and maybe too many monsters on some places. Atm I am working on a map for community chest map24. :)

i am ashamed, trust me i never play this skill level, i didn't pay attention to the default, and since I'm so rusty, I didn't notice otherwise, but i did notice "hey way too much ammo.."and once i got the hang of the controls again it was fairly easy. Which means..('Ahhhhhh- a ray of light shines thorugh the window on to the floor, illuminating my face') There is hope! Yeah it was short, i played the original as well to re-acquaint myself and died at the hands the baron, i was forced close to stay out of the acid, but i had made a serious mistake earlier which left me short on health...gotta keep playing.
Hey I want you to play my level when it's finished, (maybe christmas)
ok? Keep up the Good work, oh and that's a freaky avatar..nice :) oh you said you would...my bad

Last edited by Xanthier on 11-06-02 at 18:42

Old Post 11-05-02 21:35 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Xanthier said:
oh and that's a freaky avatar..nice :)
It's a jawa, isn't it? It looks like one...

Old Post 11-05-02 22:14 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Archvile64 said:
It's a jawa, isn't it? It looks like one...

i'm not gonna get up on your back like a star wars fanatic but, jawa were dark reddish brown cloaks and have yellow glowing eyes. Other than that....it looks alot like a jawa

"Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise, these tracks are side-by-side..Sandpeople always travel single-file to hide their numbers"
-Ben Kenobi

"But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter jawas?"

Old Post 11-05-02 22:17 #
ReX

Luke Skywalker said:
"But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter jawas?"
Because they're little, and fun to push around ;)

Old Post 11-06-02 02:22 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Torn's Avatar looks like some critter holed up in a torn piece of paper. Hence the name, I guess.

Old Post 11-06-02 03:01 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

ravage said:
Torn's Avatar looks like some critter holed up in a torn piece of paper. Hence the name, I guess.

Heh... :)

Old Post 11-06-02 17:45 #
Xanthier
Forum Regular

Torn said:

Okay so i braved the Hurt me Plenty, man was it tough..took me like an hour or two..i died like 25 times...first, that big room with the first mancubus and all that, well i was trying to get the monsters to fight so i died a little more than usual. But then tose cacodemons were really annoying, they kept taking shots at me when i tried to sneak around a corner, and wasted so much of my ammo, i took it out on them because they kept firing whenever i snuck around to shoot the revenants but then i had no ammo for the revenants, i run out mid fire-fight with them so I'm low on health, no ammo whatsoever, two revenants chasing me and rockets on my tail...so in a last ditch effort, I had one idea left, they backed me into that first lava room and then it hit me. i just kept running ran out to the quarry teleported back in and...it worked! fried both their asses! haha...that was cool...then I was constantly scrounging for ammo...at one point when that wall closed a Hell knight got stuck in it and I just shot him while he sat there...neways i beat it with like 2 shells left and 2 HK still wandering around, but i got all the secrets... so it was a challenge..I've beat Doom 2 but i never tried levels near the end with a pistol start before so all around, i'm pleased.

Old Post 11-06-02 18:50 #